Not deleting any files from Windows Temp

Version 1.20.118, WinXP Pro SP2.

System Properties -> Advanced (tab) -> Environment Variables (button)

In upper window (user variables for xxxxxx) I have TEMP and TMP pointing to

c:\tempuser, a hardcoded path.

In lower window (system variables) I have TEMP and TMP pointing to

c:\tempwin, a hardcoded path.

I am the only user of the machine.

CCleaner *never* cleans the TempWin directory, regardless of whether 'older than 48 hours' is selected or not. It just never sees that directory, as far as I can tell.

CCleaner does clean the TempUser directory, and appears to correctly follow the 'older than 48' flag when engaged.

I believe this problem existed in versions prior to this one, I've only just now gotten around to taking the time to look at it in detail.

Hopefully there is an easy fix?

Thanks and regards,

---appyface

• Moderators
Hopefully there is an easy fix?

Yes, however what I'm purposing probably won't respect the 48 hour safety margin.

1. Start CCleaner make sure Custom Folders is check marked under Advanced.

2. Click Options->Custom Folders->Add Folder. Browse to your temp folder. Notice the pop-up warning.

• 5 weeks later...
Yes, however what I'm purposing probably won't respect the 48 hour safety margin.

1. Start CCleaner make sure Custom Folders is check marked under Advanced.

2. Click Options->Custom Folders->Add Folder. Browse to your temp folder. Notice the pop-up warning.

Sorry for late reply!

I DO want CCleaner to respect the 48 hour option when ticked, so adding to Custom Folders is not viable for me.

I just downloaded new build (142) and see this is not fixed. :(

Thanks again for verifying this.

---appyface

• Moderators

Well another option would be for you to create your own batch file (.bat) that you can double click to clear out that folder when you want it cleaned.

To figure out what delete commands you want to use open a Command Prompt and type in: del /?

Example:

del /q /s "c:\tempuser\*.*"

del /q /s "c:\tempwin\*.*"

Well another option would be for you to create your own batch file (.bat) that you can double click to clear out that folder when you want it cleaned.

To figure out what delete commands you want to use open a Command Prompt and type in: del /?

Example:

@Andavari - Well yes it is true there are many means by which I might clean my Windows System temp directory. But my point is that CCleaner should be handling this function, it is the same as any other Windows Temp directory and the only distinction is it is declared via a Windows Environment Variable.

However minor the number of users that may be configuring Windows with environment variables for the temp paths, it seems like CCleaner ought to be able to handle the situation correctly.

Thanks and regards,

---appyface

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Using Windows ME

I have found if I have in the = CCleaner = "Options" = "Advanced" = "Tick" Checked to "Show Detailed Log of Internet Explorer Temporary Files" = and do a "Analyse/Run Cleaner" I have found on the first scan CCleaner shows the "Temporary Internet" files available to delete.

Afterwards on any subsequence scan the CCleaner seems not to include them in the scan??

So I go and uncheck the = "Show Detailed Log of Internet Explorer Temporary Files" = these scans then do show the = "Temporary Internet" = files???

Suggest you check and see if you have tick checked the "Temporary Internet" box in the advanced settings??

Let us know if the above is related to your computer

• 4 weeks later...

Kindly explain what the /q and /s switches do. Thanks.

Windows 10 (x64). Android 11. CCleaner Pro 6.02.9938.

• Moderators
Kindly explain what the /q and /s switches do. Thanks.

DEL COMMAND USAGEDEL /?Deletes one or more files.DEL [/P] [/F] [/s] [/Q] [/A[[:]attributes]] namesERASE [/P] [/F] [/s] [/Q] [/A[[:]attributes]] names names         Specifies a list of one or more files or directories.               Wildcards may be used to delete multiple files. If a               directory is specified, all files within the directory               will be deleted. /P            Prompts for confirmation before deleting each file. /F            Force deleting of read-only files. /S            Delete specified files from all subdirectories. /Q            Quiet mode, do not ask if ok to delete on global wildcard /A            Selects files to delete based on attributes attributes    R  Read-only files            S  System files               H  Hidden files               A  Files ready for archiving               -  Prefix meaning notIf Command Extensions are enabled DEL and ERASE change as follows:The display semantics of the /S switch are reversed in that it showsyou only the files that are deleted, not the ones it could not find.