Searches

writeaway

I recently was unable to find some important (to me) files on my computer. I won't bore you further with my sad search story. Suffice it to say, I was still searching the next day. I started looking for a program that would search for text in files (yes, I know Windows Explorer is supposed to do that too, but if you've ever tried it . . .). I found one but it was no more successful than the search function in my Keybreeze application. I have since realized the reason. These programs do not search through PIM files. Which finally brings me to my question: Does anyone know of one that will, or are all of them geared to search only word processors and Microsoft applications?

I recently was unable to find some important (to me) files on my computer. I won't bore you further with my sad search story. Suffice it to say, I was still searching the next day. I started looking for a program that would search for text in files (yes, I know Windows Explorer is supposed to do that too, but if you've ever tried it . . .). I found one but it was no more successful than the search function in my Keybreeze application. I have since realized the reason. These programs do not search through PIM files. Which finally brings me to my question: Does anyone know of one that will, or are all of them geared to search only word processors and Microsoft applications?

Windows search works for me but you have to have Indexing service on Automatic or Manual and make sure it is turned in Search options and the Hard drives you want to search.Not sure about PIM though.

I'll skip the details also but not only did I find the text file I lost but I also found the Folder it was stored in.Why my Desktop folder ended up in Cookies I don't know but one search on key words in context and I solved two problems at once.

Yes,I was very happy :D and relieved. :rolleyes:

:) davey