Blue Screen errors after using CCleaner-any suggestions?

downloaded and ran CCleaner last night. I have had 3 blue screen of death errors since. I tried sytem restore to take me back to yesterday morning, but I am still having the problem.

The error message I get reads

kernel_stack_inpage_error

and the error codes at the bottom are

0xc00000077, oxc000000e, oxc000000e, ox00000000, ox08f86000

beginning dump of stack memory

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Member Krit86lr suggested running a chkdsk. Thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the suggestion. I lookup up a MSFT page on these errors and it also said to do that. But when I try to run Chksks, McAfee scan, or Spybot, the PC freezes and gives me the blue screen of death again before the scan completes.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to avoid wiping the hard drive and having someone reload everything if possible

Thanks,

Bob

downloaded and ran CCleaner last night. I have had 3 blue screen of death errors since. I tried sytem restore to take me back to yesterday morning, but I am still having the problem.

The error message I get reads

kernel_stack_inpage_error

and the error codes at the bottom are

0xc00000077, oxc000000e, oxc000000e, ox00000000, ox08f86000

beginning dump of stack memory

Hello, and welcome to the forum.

Member Krit86lr suggested running a chkdsk. Thanks for welcoming me and thanks for the suggestion. I lookup up a MSFT page on these errors and it also said to do that. But when I try to run Chksks, McAfee scan, or Spybot, the PC freezes and gives me the blue screen of death again before the scan completes.

Any help would be appreciated. I would like to avoid wiping the hard drive and having someone reload everything if possible

Thanks,

Bob

Are you sure that chkdsk is giving you a blue screen of death? The chkdsk screen looks the same as the blue screen of death, and should run for about an hour.

To be sure that your chkdsk is funtioning properly download and install this. http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details...;displaylang=en

Reboot, then run chkdsk again, which also requires a reboot.

Good luck.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

Oh, and one more thing. I believe that I gave you instructions to run chkdsk from the command prompt and sometimes there are actual disk errors that can happen when running the command 'chkdsk'.

Try going into 'my computer from the taskbar menu, right click 'my computer', click 'properties', click 'tools', click 'error checking', click the two check boxes, when you close with 'OK' you will get an error msg stating 'you do not have exclusive access to local disc C, would you like to schedule a check disk next time you reboot' select yes, reboot.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)