Housecall vers 6.6

kelly2

I haven't used this program for sometime and finally got the new version to scan only to have it come up with an error:

"Trend Micro House Call Error Page"

"House Call client cannot be executed due to internal errors." Please contact system administrator/support to report the problem.

No problems, just wanted to do a scan, has anyone else had this problem?

The old version would not even install?

Again these are the free versions that I am talking about and my system is xpsp2, IE 7.

I am curious about this?

Sounds like this Scanner will do the job of the Disinfecting of the paid version of Panda Active Scan???

I was looking at a 6 month purchase of that app.

I just like to have an independent online besides my other security programs simply to insure that nothing odd is going on.

I would appreciate comments on this, again thank you for your interest and time !

BTW, how do I get rid of the Activex that I had to install to get the Panda Active Scan to work as I would like to delete it if this other program is going to do the job.

I googled the program suggested and it does sound good, so I am going to give it a go, though I did notice no one has commented on their experience with the program in the Link for that when I googled it.

I am kind of confused b/c when I look at the free scanner for non purchased customers of the other programs it seems that the Virus Removal tool is Specific and I have to scan for a Particular suspected infection??

Or am I reading it wrong?

I see the Virus Removal option, however before it there is a dropdown list of many malwares to select from???

Thank you... and I apologize for the question; however I am a real non tech user.

BTW, I just selected "Fix Exe Utility" and it came up with the Error "FixExe[1].com has encountered problem and needs to close." ???

I wanted to try that one out ?

Any ideas. Maybe something is conflicting with my use of this app?

Again, thank you.

• Moderators
how do I get rid of the Activex that I had to install to get the Panda Active Scan to work as I would like to delete it if this other program is going to do the job.

As with most online scanners nowadays they're actually installed to some degree, so you'd open Add/Remove Programs and uninstall them.

I am confused about this ESET Scanning tool? I don't want to repeat the dialogue about the selections that I seem to have to make re the scans with this app.

I was looking for something like Panda Active Scan that is an online scanner for all malware that is decently reliable to run every once and awhile??

Thank you

I am confused about this ESET Scanning tool? I don't want to repeat the dialogue about the selections that I seem to have to make re the scans with this app.

I was looking for something like Panda Active Scan that is an online scanner for all malware that is decently reliable to run every once and awhile??

Thank you

Hi Kelly,

Andavari's advice to you was perfect for a user like you.

ESET is a very reliable online scanner.I have it running now as I type.It will also fix anything it can for you.It is the simplest there is.

1. On the webpage Andavari sent you to click on the box that says "Yes,I agree to terms of use"

2. Select "start" button

3. Select the first option and ignore the second option about applications.

4. Select scan.

I understand you are a novice.I was also 6 months ago.I am still learning but I have learned a lot on this forum.Just select the first option and ignore the second option about applications.Then select scan.

I definitely recommend that you install a free real-time anti-virus product like AVG or ANTIVIR.

I use AVG for its ease of use and automatic updates that are very fast.If you chose to use it just don't select any tool bars or other options.You have to deselect these options.You have to hunt your way through the BS but the free version is there.Once you install it you select check for updates to get your files updated until there are no more updates.You can deselect scheduling any auto scans.

I also recommend installing and using SpywareBlaster.It is very simple to install and even simpler to use.It will keep things out of your system.It is not a program that you need to run actively but it sets up your Browsing zones automatically with data to protect when you are using your browser.I use IE7 also and it makes things very easy.

There are too many malicious things being foisted on the inexperienced users like you and I..

I don't know how you ended up here but this forum is a very safe place to get advice and learn.

Use this link to click on these products I have mentioned and read also.I am advising you what is the very minimal protection you need.Scans don't have to be run until you want to do them.

Of course you always want your Windows Firewall on also.

SECURITY ADVICE

As security programs get better and better, malware programs get more and more devious.

As far as security goes I recommend you use this link.Bookmark it and Add to Favorites.

http://internetrotsyourbrain.com/rridgely/freesoftware.htm Read his other Posts(Buttons on left)

Good Luck,

:) davey

P.S. We have all been "Newbies".There are no stupid questions,just stupid answers.Don't be shy.

Any help needed,just ask.

P.S. ESET took 1 1/2 hr to scan 960,000 files

BTW, how do I get rid of the Activex that I had to install to get the Panda Active Scan to work as I would like to delete it if this other program is going to do the job.

After uninstall of Panda in Add/Remove programs , in your browser click Tools > Internet Options > Programs tab at bottom click on "Manage Add-Ons".

Follow instructions under Settings or Delete Active-X.

Edited by davey

I haven't used this program for sometime and finally got the new version to scan only to have it come up with an error:

"Trend Micro House Call Error Page"

"House Call client cannot be executed due to internal errors." Please contact system administrator/support to report the problem.

No problems, just wanted to do a scan, has anyone else had this problem?

The old version would not even install?

Again these are the free versions that I am talking about and my system is xpsp2, IE 7.

I am curious about this?

go in to > Internet Properties > Sites > Allow > Trend Micro House Call, still if went 2 hours may be one off or try Panda fist best then go back to House Call

My bro got a license for Prevx 2 from a Forum that he belongs to and gave it to me and so I have it installed now.

Anyone with experience with this app?

I would appreciate comments on it ...as he had the choice of the version CIS or Prevx 2 and took the latter as he said it performed the fixes?

Thank you for your time.

I have never used Prevx but it is highly rated.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Yes the PrevX2 is an excellent app so far. Their support is good... you actually get a reply. The first d/l from their Link took up too much Virtual Memory and so I was sent another Link and it is working fine.

I am glad that my bro gets me to tag along with him on some of his Forums so that if he should get something and doesn't want it the very odd time I am lucky to be the owner of an app he does not need.

I am glad that my bro gets me to tag along with him on some of his Forums so that if he should get something and doesn't want it the very odd time I am lucky to be the owner of an app he does not need.

If you don't want the app then send it my way.

On my XP systems I am quite happy with:

• avast! Free anti virus

• CCleaner from Piriform

• hpHosts and MVPS HOSTS files managed by HostsMan

• MBAM from Malwarebytes

• Windows Defender from Microsoft

• WinPatrol from Bill Pytlovany

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user