Screen jumps with Firefox

Capman

Does anyone else get this problem, I thought it was just me but have since found out it happens to someone else.

When I click a link whilst using firefox, the link does not actually activate and the page scrolls up or down by a few lines.

Next time I click a link it will be OK.

It is not constant, but can happen a few times in an hour.

• Moderators

No, I've never had that error before. I have had link problems though, every once in a while I will try to open a link and it will open a new tab.Sounds normal enough right, well when I click on the new tab it wont come up it just stays on the current tab. I just restart and it fixes but it's still a pain.

Not a clue then it has never happened to me as far as I remember but then I do have a bad short memory(what am I replying to? :blink: ). Have you tried to clean install firefox delete your profile folder etc, then again why a problem its not that big to do all that so forget it :D.

Yep.

Is this going to mean something in particular?

It's not Firefox that has the issue, it's actually the wheel. I've noticed mine will move the screen or something without touching it. Seems the wheel is setting back into a notch (since you don't have to move it to each notch).

It's not Firefox that has the issue, it's actually the wheel.  I've noticed mine will move the screen or something without touching it.  Seems the wheel is setting back into a notch (since you don't have to move it to each notch).

I think you have cracked it, because it always jumps up to three lines at a time, and my scroll wheel is set at three lines at a time.

Perhaps its time for a new mouse then.

Thanks Tarun.

I think you have cracked it, because it always jumps up to three lines at a time, and my scroll wheel is set at three lines at a time.

Perhaps its time for a new mouse then.

Thanks Tarun.

I just try to ignore it, and keep my finger away from the wheel to prevent brushing against it. You may also want to try and clean the wheel and it's area.

I just try to ignore it, and keep my finger away from the wheel to prevent brushing against it.  You may also want to try and clean the wheel and it's area.

Yeah, I always pay attention to cleaning the bottom of the mouse and the ball, but never the scroll wheel.

I went to an optical mouse and never looked back.

Funny that, I was in a computer shop today, spotted an optical mouse, reasonable price and all that but put it down and walked out.

My son has one on his laptop, and I think it is great.

I might go back and get it tomorrow if it is open.

My current mouse is MS but about 4 years old now, as is the keyboard, which I have had problems with as posted about recently, I will probably change both of them.

I would think a USB mouse and keyboard would be best. I wonder what Dj would say about this. (I highly value and trust his opinion)

I use a PS/2 keyboard (with no Windows keys -- yep, 101 keys) and a USB mouse (logitech optical blue that I bought 6 years ago) (I have 3 of the exact same model logitech optical blue mice)

edit> here's a picture of it.

edit #2> it weighs approximately 6 pounds.

post-1084-1119747022_thumb.jpg

post-1084-1119747022_thumb.jpg

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)