Oops

Coronagold

While running Ubuntu I had Firefox running. During that time I was discovering the Panels options (those top and bottom panel bars). And I found the Add/Remove features of them. While trying to remove the 'space bracket' between the "show desktop" icon and Firefoxs' running application tab, I accidentally grabbed FFs' app tab and removed it. I've looked all over for it, yelled its name out loud a few times, but I dinna find it.

Now, it seems that whole feature is missing. No matter what app I open, its respective running app tab doesn't appear on the lower panel. Is there a way to return that feature to the lower panel (or any panel) that doen't involve uninstalling & reinstalling Ubuntu, or learning code? I haven't found a way so far.

:huh:

• Moderators

You just have to add the taskbar(thats not what its called in ubuntu) back. To do this you need to right click the bottom panel and click add to panel. Then find the one that I think is called task list or something similar. I'm not at my laptop right now so I cant give you better instructions.

If you cant figure it out still I will be able to tell you exactly what its called when I get home tonight. (there is no need to reinstall ubuntu)

Too late, I already did. :lol:

I know what you're talking about, but I didn't see anything that fit the task description in that choice box.

I'll look at it again, but I'm gonna keep an eye on my slippy mouse fingers around the desktop.

Ooo, quick question...

I'm trying to download Adobe Flash Player for Linux.

Which one? (Ubuntu, Hardy Heron)

tar.gz?

rpm?

or

YUM?

:blink:

• Moderators

Dont do it that way.

Go into add/remove programs from the programs menu. Click to show all available programs.

Then search for restricted and choose to install ubuntu restricted extras.

This will install java, flash, MS fonts(times new roman, arial, ect), and most of the codecs you need.(.mp3, .mov, ect.)

I replied to this thread earlier, but it didn't take. Hmmm....

I did what you said and it worked. Thanks! I find it weird that I had to enter 'restricted' in the search feature. That's one thing I hate about brand new OS's, I feel like such a noob. :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Its called restricted because its installing non opensource and some could argue semi legal plug ins. Its using fonts from windows, flash, java, and a bunch of codecs. Some of which aren't technically allowed(especially the dvd playback). I look at it the same as with installing something like VLC/Klite codec pack. I dont care either way. :P