CCleaner - Recent docs not deleting

Hi,

I just downloaded v. 720 and noticed that the problem is not fixed. What is the status of this issue? I hope the issue can eventually be resolved.

How do I use the Include entries or winapp2.ini file entries you mentioned?

Download winapp2.zip then unzip it then go to CCleaner Folder C:\Program Files\CCleaner then copy the unzipped winapp2.ini into CCleaner Folder:

http://www.internetrotsyourbrain.com/winapp2/winapp2.zip

You will now have more items in the Applications tab to be cleaned.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Thats an old one Kenny 04/07/08 the latest is 23/10/08. ;)

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=15307

Those are the embedded ini files not the winapp2.ini file.

The official winapp2.ini topic:

http://forum.piriform.com/index.php?showtopic=1110

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Hi,

How do I use the Include entries or winapp2.ini file entries you mentioned?

FoS

Hello Stones,

You will find documentation on the Include and Exclude Options in the CCleaner Beginners Guide.

Improvements have been made to make it easier to use these features. The best way is to try them.

You can now browse a "tree structure" to identify specific files or folders. The Guide is not currently up to date with these improvements.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

You provided other helpful information in the past.

Can you give us some "specific" details as to "your" problem ?

Good luck,

:) davey

Edited by davey

Hello Stones,

You will find documentation on the Include and Exclude Options in the CCleaner Beginners Guide.

Improvements have been made to make it easier to use these features. The best way is to try them.

You can now browse a "tree structure" to identify specific files or folders. The Guide is not currently up to date with these improvements.

http://www.ccleanerbeginnersguide.com/

CCleaner Beginner's Guide.com Bookmark and save to Favorites

You provided other helpful information in the past.

Can you give us some "specific" details as to "your" problem ?

Good luck,

:) davey

When I open MS Word 2003, the task pane on the right side still shows documents that I've opened up before. It's not that big of a deal for me, but since CCleaner does clean my MS Excel 2003 shortcuts, I'm wondering why it doesn't clean the Word shortcuts.

FoS

Those are the embedded ini files not the winapp2.ini file.

Sorry Kenny but I've asked this question before but no one has come up with a suitable answer. If winapp2.ini is in the embedded files and they are newer than my winapp2.ini do I replace them?

When I open MS Word 2003, the task pane on the right side still shows documents that I've opened up before. It's not that big of a deal for me, but since CCleaner does clean my MS Excel 2003 shortcuts, I'm wondering why it doesn't clean the Word shortcuts.

Don't worry about it Fos. CC as never removed any recent Office files for me in any version, thats on Win98SE and WinXP. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Sorry Kenny but I've asked this question before but no one has come up with a suitable answer. If winapp2.ini is in the embedded files and they are newer than my winapp2.ini do I replace them?
From the way I understand the ini files is that the internal ini files are the default settings and if you want to make a change you have to add a corresponding entry in winapp2.ini to override its default setting such as making a True entry False so that it is not pre-selected.

IE7Pro user

Don't worry about it Fos. CC as never removed any recent Office files for me in any version, thats on Win98SE and WinXP. ;)

Yeah, it's not worrisome right now. It doesn't affect me negatively in any way. It was an older version that used to clean my MS Word 2003 shortcuts and then all of a sudden it stopped and I just wondered what happened and why it hasn't been fixed.

FoS

It was an older version that used to clean my MS Word 2003 shortcuts and then all of a sudden it stopped and I just wondered what happened and why it hasn't been fixed.

Well I use CCleaner 1.17.090 at work because they won't install the newer version because it affects the registry and thats never cleaner the office recent files. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• 6 months later...

I noticed on my parents' computer that they still have an older version of MS Word (2002). They have the latest version of CCleaner and it erased their Word Task Pane shortcuts! So it must be something between the two Word versions that is not allowing CCleaner to remove Word 2003 shortcuts.