IE vs. FF vs. Opera vs. Safari vs. Netscape

Icedrake

Firefox it's safest by far & no Popup's & the addon's & I don't like zone's you may like to look it up to see way it bad 5 zone's

# 1 !nternet # 2 Local intranet # 3 Trusted sited # 4 Restricted sites # 5 Your P.C. [ not good ] the can navigate into this zone I not like,Firefox no Zone's is better, no ActiveX :rolleyes:http://rcip.com/mitch/PhantomPhixer.html

the major trouble was Micro$oft and their way of doing things. constant updates to updates, all the flaws in Internet Explorer and now the creation of windows Vista ( or as i like to call it "windows ME part 2").

I like IE7 because that's what I learned first.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Safari is useless. IE7 without IE7 Pro is almost as useless as Safari. Firefox and Opera are very close for me and I use both a lot. Maxthon 2 is very good and Maxthon 1 is also very good. Avant is not bad but is way down the list for me compared to Opera, Firefox, and the 2 Maxthons. Avant is better than a stock IE7 but not as good as IE7 with IE 7 Pro. If you couldn't add any addons to the browsers Opera would be the best no contest. Firefox without extensions is pretty useless to me. With extensions it's very good.

• Moderators

Netscape is no more. (the last version was just a skinned firefox 2 anyway)

I like IE7 with pro better than all others. Firefox still is sort of crashy but maybe 3 will fix it.

On linux I use firefox though so I still use both. :D

i use Opera because it pretty much has evetyhing i need built-in. firefox would be in the second position. nothing wrong with it though. IE7 is garbage. Netscape is dead. Safari is good in terms of standards support and it's extremely fast but no real reason to use it on windows.

btw, here's the standards this i was talking about: http://www.anomalousanomaly.com/2008/03/06/acid-3/

• Moderators

This is a really difficult question as to which is better. I like different browsers for different reasons.

I like IE7, Opera and Sleipnir (which is my default browser)

IE7 pro when used with layered security and safe surfing is a great browser. Opera, well, I've always found it fast and plenty of info available about it, I like a lot of the built in options in it.

Sleipnir is very customisable, it can use the IE engine or the Gecko(firefox) engine, and lets face it there are not many browsers which offer the option to show the page in Japanese :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Which one is better? I can't answer that.

Why? Because like most users I use Internet Explorer.

Which version? I use IE7 because I have learned to accept MS offer of updates as they come along.

I am not sure if most users do this or not?

For 3 years this PC was never MS updated since it was first setup.

The only updating was to new releases of applications on CD or DVD.

Get it in the mail.

Read the instructions.

Follow them,insert disk1 here, now click on "yes", now click "OK",now click on "Finish".

Simple and quick.Just what most users want.

The only short coming was that for most of those 3 years this PC was never connected to the Internet.

Will I go to IE8? Probably,just not yet.

Why haven't you used other browsers? Since there are other users of this computer who only know IE.

Will I try other browsers? Yes but not until I feel thoroughly competent and knowledgeable about Windows and Internet Explorer itself.

Remember, I am trying to maintain a "New" to "Average" users view of PCs.

:) davey

P.S. Icedrake Thanks for posting such an interesting topic.

I can say without a doubt that the fastest browser I have now is Opera 9.5 beta 2. This launches instantly and loads pages in the blink of an eye. Big improvement over 9.27 in that area. It's my most use browser right now followed by Firefox. If you use Opera get yourself the O Spell user java script. It's the best spellchecker out there and I have tried many. http://opera.gt500.org/ospell/

• Moderators

I like Firefox because of all the extensions. Customization and user ability. Plus, it is fast...

I like IE7 too, buy only with pro installed.

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

I use Firefox because of its add-ons, and probably its security. I tried Opera, but I missed most of the extensions I use in Firefox. I want to install IE7Pro in IE7 but my bro doesn't want me to, thinking I don't know what it is.

I want to install IE7Pro in IE7 but my bro doesn't want me to, thinking I don't know what it is.

Do it anyway...you hardly notice it, except when you download something, then the mini-download manager pops up.

AJ

Do it anyway...you hardly notice it, except when you download something, then the mini-download manager pops up.

AJ

Turn off the mini-download manager and don't have the icon show and you'll never know.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

The guy will notice that many ads are missing. If he's conscious he will :lol: Would have to be blind to not see the difference.
He must be a telemarketer's dream target :unsure:

This is good news for us Canadians EH!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/telemarketing

IE7Pro user

• Moderators
This is good news for us Canadians EH!

http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/telemarketing

Just disconnecting them isn't enough, and some don't honor the do not call list like the monkeys here in the U.S. that call with "your car warranty is about to expire." Those a**holes I'd like to literally beat up with a shovel and sledgehammer (that's the kindest thought they provoke in me at the moment).

Telemarketing put-downs

-Hi, would you be interested in switching over to TMI long distance service.

-Gee, I can't talk right now. Why don't you give me your home number and I'll call you later.

-Uh, I'm sorry we're not allowed to do that.

-Oh, I guess you don't want people calling you at home.

-No.

-Well now you know how I feel.

http://www.stanthecaddy.com/telemarketing-putdowns.html

IE7Pro user