location of cookies in vista

bobfrost

CCleaner doesn't seem to know where cookies are stored in Vista64 using UAC. They are in the 'cookies/low' folder which does not get cleaned it seems. No way I can find of telling CCleaner where to find stuff, and the custom folder option doesn't allow system folders to be added. :(

CCleaner doesn't seem to know where cookies are stored in Vista64 using UAC. They are in the 'cookies/low' folder which does not get cleaned it seems. No way I can find of telling CCleaner where to find stuff, and the custom folder option doesn't allow system folders to be added. :(

Hi Bob,

Yes,there are some known shortcomings with Vista 64bit and they are working on them.

However,you may be hearing from other users like you soon.I am sure they can give some pointers.

The whole rewrite of CCleaner was to help cover users like you.

Thanks for the report and Welcome to the forum !!!

:) davey

Hi Bob,

Yes,there are some known shortcomings with Vista 64bit and they are working on them.

However,you may be hearing from other users like you soon.I am sure they can give some pointers.

The whole rewrite of CCleaner was to help cover users like you.

Thanks for the report and Welcome to the forum !!!

Hi Davey,

Update! Having read the FAQs (when all else fails), I see that CCleaner only cleans the current users stuff. Now when I open CCleaner, the UAC panel pops up and I can click on Bob (me) a standard user, or Administrator. I've been clicking on Administrator, thinking it needed Admin priviledges, but just for a change I clicked on Bob, and now CCleaner does see my cookies in the 'Cookies/low' folder and deletes them. If I open CCleaner by clicking on Administrator, it switches to looking at the Administrator account, and doesn't find my cookies. So all is well, except that a note is needed somewhere explaining that even if you are in one user account, clicking on the administrator to start CCleaner seems to switch it to looking at the Administrator account instead of the current account. Hope that is clear! So nothing wrong with CCleaner, just me.

This stuff beats Su Doku for exercising the brain cells.

Bob F.

Hi Davey,

Update! Having read the FAQs (when all else fails), I see that CCleaner only cleans the current users stuff. Now when I open CCleaner, the UAC panel pops up and I can click on Bob (me) a standard user, or Administrator. I've been clicking on Administrator, thinking it needed Admin priviledges, but just for a change I clicked on Bob, and now CCleaner does see my cookies in the 'Cookies/low' folder and deletes them. If I open CCleaner by clicking on Administrator, it switches to looking at the Administrator account, and doesn't find my cookies. So all is well, except that a note is needed somewhere explaining that even if you are in one user account, clicking on the administrator to start CCleaner seems to switch it to looking at the Administrator account instead of the current account. Hope that is clear! So nothing wrong with CCleaner, just me.

This stuff beats Su Doku for exercising the brain cells.

Bob F.

Bob must also have Administator priviledges.At least that's the way it's supposed to work.

Yes, it does look at the current users files except when talking about system files.

For brain cell exercise and renewal is my experience.

I am not sure what is going on there.I am puzzled.May be a "bug".

Regards,