Using USB flash drives as a hardware logon key...

AlexVelik

Hi ,

I am using Crap Cleaner for a long time. And it's helps me greatly.

There's one another ineresting tool for using at home and at office PC's.

usb_ban1.gif

This is how Rohos Welcome 1.20 works. Rather then entering one's logon name and password upon startup, a person simply inserts USB drive. The drive contains login and password information that is entered automatically. + automatic desktop locking upon USB Key removal.

download: http://www.rohos.com/welcome-screen

Ladies and gentlemen we have genius in the house. But what the hell is the point in paying for something that will save you 3 seconds when logging in then save you from activating your screen saver to come on after 1 min? or clicking the log off button?

It's for security, dangit.

Nobody can log into your system without the USB key, even if they know a username or password. Look up "smart card" on howstuffworks.com or something. You should probably read the entire Rohos site before making yet more comments about saving 3 seconds.

Next up is biometrics, where you put your thumb on a reader to login.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Wow, are Dj and I the only ones who get this?

It's just like carrying a key for your house.

Think of the USB as the key, and the computer as your house. You want to get in you have to use the key, otherwise no one can get in unless they forcefully break in.

"What's up with you lately?" who me?

Yes you. I did quote you after all. You've been acting weird.

You can loose your USB drive and someone can steal it.

You cant loose your password unless you forget it, nobody can steal your password from your brain. :D

So a password is probably safer than having this USB thing.

It's only people who watch TV who will buy that because they think its secure and cool when infact its not.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

You can loose your USB drive and someone can steal it.

You cant loose your password unless you forget it, nobody can steal your password from your brain. :D

So a password is probably safer than having this USB thing.

It's only people who watch TV who will buy that because they think its secure and cool when infact its not.

By the way Mr. Scarecrow; will you ever get a brain? :lol:

Wow, are Dj and I the only ones who get this?

It's just like carrying a key for your house.

Think of the USB as the key, and the computer as your house.  You want to get in you have to use the key, otherwise no one can get in unless they forcefully break in.

Yes you.  I did quote you after all.  You've been acting weird.

Am I sorry about that, I'll tell you what I'm staying away from the post from now on, I do not not want any tension between I and anyone else over such a ridiculous subject.

P.S. Obviously do not post a reply to this message as i obviously will not read it :D

Nobody can log into your system without the USB key, even if they know a username or password. Look up "smart card" on howstuffworks.com or something. You should probably read the entire Rohos site before making yet more comments about saving 3 seconds.

it look cool... but what if owner lost the key... is there anyway to login to windows again?

--==aGumon==--

# You can configure Rohos to allow to log into your user account only by inserting USB pen driven;

# You can define a password hint to prevent forgotten password or failure of your USB pen drive login process or USB drive loss.

i not sure if this is what you are looking for...

are you unhappy with me..?

--==aGumon==--