Uninstalling Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9

Lorena

I have not been able to uninstall Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9 with Microsoft Add Remove.

Installed your CCleaner in hopes it would do so, to NO avail ! !

Tried the MSICuu2.exe (Windows Installer Cleanup) and it did nothing.

I need to remove this program in order to reinstall it as it is not working right (wont convert

word files to .pdf).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Lorena

:(

• Moderators

A couple of things to try would be to try uninstalling in safe mode.

Also perhaps reinstalling over the top of your exsisting installation.

After looking around it's obvious that uninstalling adobe is a major headache.

Is it still listed in add/remove?

Is the adobe folder still in c\program files?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators
I was going to refer to a way of removing it but I'm kinda new here and I don't want to steal any thunder. Ask DennisD about this thing. ;)

Go ahead, all info is good info when someone has a problem :)

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Okay, but after this ciggy...

By reading this sentence you absolve me of any mistakes that may result from my diagnosis, forever, in perpetuity throughout the universe, Amen. And DennisD doesn't want his fingerprints all over this train wreck.

Revo Uninstaller is a free program that can uninstall stuff, uninstall stuff deeper, and can actually turn your PC into shredded underwear if you're not careful.

ERUNT (I know) is another free program that is used to make registry backups. It's best to use ERUNT 1st before using Revo. (At least use XP's System Restore to create a Restore Point before using Revo.)

Here's the link to ERUNT. (I know.)

And on that St. Josephs' aspirin colored page I noted a good link to use. (See the thumbnail below.) (I did that myself.)

th_FireShotcapture6-ERUNTandNTREGOPT-w.png

There's another program that comes with ERUNT called Ntreptibumpy something. I never used it. ERUNT is all you need to use.

Okay, and here's the link for Revo Uninstaller.

Click on the big green DOWNLOAD NOW on the right.

After installing Revo and are running it, I suggest you stay away from the big shiny "Hunter" icon that looks like a guns' crosshairs. I'm not sure what it does or how it works but it looks deadly.

Anyway, find the program you want to uninstall and click on it. You should get this...

Revo1.jpg

Click uninstall and you get this...

th_Revo2.jpg

Notice the 4 choices of removal.

To play it safe try Built-in first.

If that doesn't work try Safe.

And if that doesn't work try Moderate.

I've never had to use the Advanced mode. That's the "turn your PC into shredded underwear" mode.

Avoid that choice.

Notice that the default setting is for Moderate when the choices first come up. Ignore that and play it safe by trying the Built-in and Safe modes first.

When you use it there will be several confirmation dialogs along the way. That's normal. It asks you to check them all. Only the bold checked items are removed, not the thin checked "tree branches".

Anyway, there it is!

DennisD is the one who showed me these programs and they're keepers for me. Good free schtuff. :)

That's what I tried with the Photoshop CS3 demo when it wouldn't fully uninstall. But it wouldn't re-install either because pieces of it were still in the registry. Reminds me of that whole QuickTime 7.0.1 debacle. What a mess that was. Wish I knew about Revo back then.

• Moderators

I used to manually remove programs that wouldn't uninstall and that couldn't be re-installed because of an existing version. Hence the reason for using an installation watching program that can also uninstall the application independent of the typical uninstaller.

Sometimes just renaming the uninstall name in Add/Remove Programs is enough to fool some applications into thinking they aren't installed. Then again sometimes they'll know they're installed anyways.

Hence the reason for using an installation watching program that can also uninstall the application independent of the typical uninstaller.

Is Revo Uninstaller one of those installer/uninstaller monitoring programs? Actually, I've used Revo for quite some time -- just not sure whether or not it has a monitoring function. As I recall, ZSoft Uninstaller does.

• Moderators

The only two free installation watching programs that can later be used to actually uninstall some* software is Total Uninstall (Last Freeware Version), and ZSoft Uninstaller.

* = Some software such as antivirus, firewall, etc., can't be uninstalled with such tools directly.

You have to:

1. Run the actual uninstaller first.

2. Then use the installation watcher to remove any left overs.

I have not been able to uninstall Adobe Acrobat 7.0.9 with Microsoft Add Remove.

Installed your CCleaner in hopes it would do so, to NO avail ! !

Tried the MSICuu2.exe (Windows Installer Cleanup) and it did nothing.

I need to remove this program in order to reinstall it as it is not working right (wont convert

word files to .pdf).

Can anyone help me?

Thanks

Lorena

:(

Application Management [ for Program added or take out ] settings manual try Automatic & start if work you can change back to manual PS it in Services find & click start.

• Moderators
Is Revo Uninstaller one of those installer/uninstaller monitoring programs?

I haven't used it in a while so I don't know the feature-set of newer versions, however when I did previously use it some time last year it didn't monitor installations - that's if I'm remembering correctly.