the best AIM alternitive?

corjello

i am wondering what the best aim alternitive is right now. Currently i am running Aim version 5.2.3292 with AiMutation version 1.2.4 I like 5.2 because it was the latest version before they added all the extra "junk" and Aimutaion tabs my windows and lets me add more features that i actually use. I have heard of trillian but thought it was also cluttered with options that i wouldnt need. Any other suggestions?

GAIM

GAIM!!!

Have it on right now. Its really nice, it comes with some default plugins and then theres more you can get. Also its pretty simple and the slandered "default" interface it has selected during the installer is to ugly for you, (was for me) you may want to try "Blue curve" or "Lighthouse blue" those are the other two themes within the installer.

When the login screen pops up, remember to click "Accounts" and add your account which takes 5seconds :-P.

Later :D

i am wondering what the best aim alternitive is right now.  Currently i am running Aim version 5.2.3292 with AiMutation version 1.2.4  I like 5.2 because it was the latest version before they added all the extra "junk" and Aimutaion tabs my windows and lets me add more features that i actually use.  I have heard of trillian but thought it was also cluttered with options that i wouldnt need.  Any other suggestions?

I use AIM 5.5.3598 with AIM Ad-Hack 5.5.3599.

Wait why? Gaim supports msn, you said AIM the aim client itself does not support msn. You seem to have your vocabulary mixed up even more then me!

:lol: i am also kindof confuse... but i am looking for alternative... msn messenger is very filled with unneeded stuffs (for me)... i tried Gaim... how to make it run in the background...? because when i "x" the windows, it seems to exit itself...

--==aGumon==--

I think if there's a checkmark somewhere to keep it in the tray... or try minimizing it instead of Xing it.. I don't recall. I tried GAIM a long time ago.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

I think if there's a checkmark somewhere to keep it in the tray... or try minimizing it instead of Xing it.. I don't recall.  I tried GAIM a long time ago.

theres a checkmark in a plugin that has to do with windows I think, unsure though.I have it set that way :-)...

Btw, trillian sucks, way to bloated and making an account seems to have more graphics then blanks to fill in...

And gaim supports GTK themes :-) So go get gnome lol.

gtk is totally gross in Windows. It is ugly and out of place, as far as widget sets are concerned.

Both Trillian and GAIM are gabber-capable clients.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

I have used trillian and gaim. I prefer to use AIM.

I don't understand why people use an older version. They make security updates, you really should upgrade. I know that there have been "remote execution" bugs that they have fixed.

When you install AIM be sure to uncheck all the optional programs, and uninstall viewpoint media player.

I also run AGNIS on my computer so I do not see advertisments in AIM or anywhere else.

I dont understand how you cant get around with it. It's dead simple.

Install it, choose the plugins for the protocols you wish to use.

Enter your account settings and its ready to go.

I use it and both my brothers use it too and some friends.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

who... me?

if that is so... i admit i am not a pro in computer environment... there are many programs that i do not know how to use... or only know part of it... tell you something... things that you like, you use does not mean other people to have to the same thing... get that into your mind...

--==aGumon==--