Recuva doesn't delete the files that finds

pluto

Ok,Recuva finds all the files that can be recovered but sometimes administrators like me want to delete them but they can't because this program can not delete them.It always find 40035 and after it I delete them and I scan again the program still finds 40035 files.That's crazy.I want to delete all these files and I can't.Can anyone please help me??? :(:(:(:(

When you say CCleaner...you've said it all!!!

There once was a member of this land,

a humorous posting he planned,

but when he posted by mods he was toasted,

and now he has found himself banned.

• Moderators

Pluto, your 40k files listed are deleted, Recuva is finding the file names from (presumably) the Master File Table. Recuva can overwrite these deleted files if you wish, but there's no need unless you have some specifically sensitive filenames in your list. You can't - with Recuva - alter the filenames though.

It has been requested before that Recuva remove the file names from the MFT, but this may be a step too far. Even if it did so the deleted files would still be in the same place, it's just that the files found list would be shorter. To be honest I wouldn't worry about them.

Pluto, your 40k files listed are deleted, Recuva is finding the file names from (presumably) the Master File Table. Recuva can overwrite these deleted files if you wish, but there's no need unless you have some specifically sensitive filenames in your list. You can't - with Recuva - alter the filenames though.

It has been requested before that Recuva remove the file names from the MFT, but this may be a step too far. Even if it did so the deleted files would still be in the same place, it's just that the files found list would be shorter. To be honest I wouldn't worry about them.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

THANK YOU,I know understood... :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

sorry for my english,.,.,.,.,.,. :blink::blink::blink::blink::blink:

When you say CCleaner...you've said it all!!!

There once was a member of this land,

a humorous posting he planned,

but when he posted by mods he was toasted,

and now he has found himself banned.

• 1 month later...

okay, this is clear. but my opinion is, that it is much easier to find and recover files when there are only few to find rather 10000... it is philosofic, but if I delete things, I don't need their nametags anymore...why would I ???