Omgili

Andavari

• Moderators
I hate that site. It litters google searches with its links.

Plus it has lots of ads all over it.(ones that even ablock dont catch)

Well it's the first time I had ever noticed it. Since you don't like it, it must be rather bad. Yeah their links plastered all about in the Google search was how I found it, which in itself is probably some innocent looking ad.

• Moderators
Well it's the first time I had ever noticed it. Since you don't like it, it must be rather bad. Yeah their links plastered all about in the Google search was how I found it, which in itself is probably some innocent looking ad.

What drives me crazy about it is that it often pulls data from forums and will come up in front of them on google searches. So instead of seeing the actual forum posts you get their ad riddled pages. Its just a standard meta searcher from what I can tell but it drives me nuts that you will sometimes see like 6-7 of their links on a single google search page.

Your link however is the first time I had ever seen their homepage. :P I just ignore their pages now. :D

I actually use Omgili quite often. I actually found this forum using their search engine when searching for a problem I had:

http://www.omgili.com/omgili.search?q=CCle...amp;x=0&y=0

(Silly me didn't think of checking the actual CCleaner forums before searching)

Most of the times I do use Google but many times when I am looking for solutions or opinions about something and I use Omgili. It brings back results from many forums and other sources where people give their solutions.

But its just me :)

What drives me crazy about it is that it often pulls data from forums and will come up in front of them on google searches. So instead of seeing the actual forum posts you get their ad riddled pages. Its just a standard meta searcher from what I can tell but it drives me nuts that you will sometimes see like 6-7 of their links on a single google search page.

Your link however is the first time I had ever seen their homepage. :P I just ignore their pages now. :D

Thanks rridgely! I always wondered what all that garbage was.I just figured it was another suck you in site SO they show you all their wonder wares.What do they pay for that? Between them and all the phony .org .quorum .qarchives etc sites some times you have to start on page 3 of the Google search to start to get to anything real.

What a waste of Google space. Sometimes makes me switch Search Engines for awhile.

:) davey

• Moderators
What a waste of Google space. Sometimes makes me switch Search Engines for awhile.

For anyone that hates those other sites showing up in Google you can block them via:

For anyone that hates those other sites showing up in Google you can block them via:

Thanks to you also, Andavari.You always come up with very useful solutions.

I didn't realize that I could block them from actually showing up in my Google searches.

I always thought those methods just prevented me from going to those sites.

This is great news!!!

• Moderators
Thanks to you also, Andavari.You always come up with very useful solutions.

I didn't realize that I could block them from actually showing up in my Google searches.

I always thought those methods just prevented me from going to those sites.

This is great news!!!

If you or anyone uses Avast antivirus you can also block them by

1. Right clicking the Avast icon near the system clock then choosing On-Access Protection.

2. Then click Web Shield->Customize->URL Blocking

3. Input the site addresses:

omgili.com

www.omgili.com

4. Click OK to save the settings, then click OK again to exit.

5. Next to test how Avast blocks them try to visit the sites and you'll end up with this, click to enlarge the picture:

bdf9735158407.gif