Uninstaller

ponder6

I ran remove programs to delete hotfix, security entries, etc. they were removed from Contol panel but show up in CCleaner uninstall. CCleaner uninstaqll must be different than MS add/remove, therefore, wil using CCleaner uninstall be more effective than add/remove?

I don't think CC uninstalls at a deeper level than the Control Panel. Uninstall from CC just brings up each programs' usual uninstaller.

What CC is 'picking up' after uninstalls are deeper registry bits. I had the same thing happen after I uninstalled a trial version of Adobe CS3. It took up 2 whole screens' worth of CS3 MSI entries that had no way of being deleted. But they're tiny and don't affect the system at all.

I don't think CC uninstalls at a deeper level than the Control Panel. Uninstall from CC just brings up each programs' usual uninstaller.

What CC is 'picking up' after uninstalls are deeper registry bits. I had the same thing happen after I uninstalled a trial version of Adobe CS3. It took up 2 whole screens' worth of CS3 MSI entries that had no way of being deleted. But they're tiny and don't affect the system at all.

Thanks for your reply. :rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Moderators
I ran remove programs to delete hotfix, security entries, etc. they were removed from Contol panel but show up in CCleaner uninstall.

You can run the registry cleaner in CCleaner then to remove those invalid entries.