Auslogics Disk Defrag

cotty

I didn't like the interface to that program and the fact you can't defrag specific files/folders. It never seemed to offer any advantage over the built in Windows Defrag utility as well. Also it seemed to skip many files that I wanted to defrag in the first place, mainly larger files such as .flac audio files and certain large level files in video games (Crysis and BioShock come to mind). It would run and defrag but I would double check with Windows Defrag and it still displayed them as fragmented. Defraggler doesn't seem to have that problem, at least with the couple weeks since I've had it.

I can't recall how it handled free space, since people on here seem to say that Defraggler does not handle free space well yet. Honestly, I'd rather torture/murder a baby bald eagle than use that dreadful AusLogics program ever again.

What I do now is run Windows Defrag when my hdd is full of fragmented files and then I pop up Defraggler when I want to defrag movies, .flac files, and recently installed video games (to save time instead of waiting to defrag my whole drive everytime I install a new game).

Anyways to end this I'm just going to say use whatever you want to. If you like AusLogics' program just use it. BBBUT run it once and defrag your hard drive and then double check with defraggler/windows defrag and see what it missed. Or if you're really in a pickle compare to discrepancies and the time it takes for each program (minus defraggler since it shines more on selected files rather than the whole hdd).

I like Defraggler as I fit sp2 it the only one that fix the files for me it the only that will do the files, & not need to do all,Auslogics Disk Defrag I like I all so have JkDefrag & UltraDefrag will do boot defrag and all are free I like that. :rolleyes:by the way jkDefrag only do C disk & not do fat but is very good can set to auto run.

by the way jkDefrag only do C disk & not do fat but is very good can set to auto run.

jkDefrag is set to defrag all drives by default, starting with C. You need to add launch commands if you want to start with another drive.

Auslogics doesn't explain what it do. I didn't like it when I tried last year. Defraggler on the other hand just defrag selected files, easy to understand :lol: And its fast stop function when defragging huge files is really useful.