WIN Explorer Details

writeaway

I already know this is a stupid question but I really want to know, so the only way to find out is to ask, right?

In Windows Explorer I use the Details View for most folders. When I select STATUS as one of the details I want to display, it shows the status as Online for every file. I don't understand what that means exactly. When I use the little question mark for more information, the pop up says: Indicates whether the file is available for offline access. My logic, twisted though it may be, tells me it should read: Offline instead of Online.

Explanation, anyone? I am having problems with Explorer and looking for answers. Anything you can tell my might help.

Thnx

Windows XP SP 2 Home

I think 'Offline' would be the status for a file or shortcut to a file on a network share that is disconnected. Not really much info on this, but my files show up as 'Online' too.

The internet - Where men are men, women are men and children are FBI agents.

I think 'Offline' would be the status for a file or shortcut to a file on a network share that is disconnected. Not really much info on this, but my files show up as 'Online' too.

Thanks for bothering to answer. At least I know it is probably the norm instead of part of my problem.