I think I need a new computer

I can still remember growing up and my dad parking his old Norton in the living room......
Before I had the ol' BMW I had a '55 700cc Royal Enfield in '63 that was my first bike that my mom freaked about as she thought it was too big but I said I'd be real carefull :lol:

It leaked oil like a sieve but it ran great and I carried a quart of oil in its saddle bags and checked the oil level quite frequently.

I decided to give it a real good clean up over one winter so I removed the engine and took it home and started to clean it in the bathtub with degrease solvent and my mum came in and freaked. I calmed her down an promised to pay for any damage I would do.

I brought the gas tank in and painted it metallic blue instead of the red it was and had the battery and tool compartment chromed and when I put it back together it looked real neat.

I bought it for $300.00 and sold it for $500.00 after two years of use and bought the '55 R50 BMW for that.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

There are just too many bikes out there to really make a decision on one and to be totally satisfied with it. All the bikes you guys mentioned above are pretty neat for different reasons. I still kind of like the harley basic ones though because of the style/price. Some of the bikes are like WOW expensive. :)

There are just too many bikes out there to really make a decision on one and to be totally satisfied with it. All the bikes you guys mentioned above are pretty neat for different reasons. I still kind of like the harley basic ones though because of the style/price. Some of the bikes are like WOW expensive. :)
Wow! Almost $17,000.00 :o

I bought the '71 R75 for $2,400 then and you could by a VW bug for the same price.

204846827.jpg

I think that $17,000.00 is about the price of a second hand VW if you can find one.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Wow! Almost $17,000.00 :o

I bought the '71 R75 for $2,400 then and you could by a VW bug for the same price.

204846827.jpg

I think that $17,000.00 is about the price of a second hand VW if you can find one.

Man, you guys are sooo... suffering from "spring fever" I can't stand it.

The R50 and the R75 both stand a better chance of still being on the road than the old "Beetle"

or the Dodge van.

I fell in love at about 8 yrs. old with the first "Beemer" I ever saw.What a beautiful piece of machinery.

I couldn't believe it a R50 and a Lotus Elite on the same paper route!!!

I never got the Lotus or the R50 but you would have to kill me to get my R65 away from me.

Maybe that explains why every M/C I ever owned had a horizontal engine?

:) davey

That's a really cool bike!

For some reason I'm fixated on old school classical styled motorcycles like this one, sure it has no real power but I just like it:

http://www.bikez.com/bike/index.php?bike=25002

Andavari,

You've got a good eye for motorcycles.

Reminds me of my Honda Super 90.It wasn't my first M/C but it was for millions.

You could use it everywhere but not recommended for highway use.

If you ever get one, stick with a four stroke engine and not a Chinese knock off unless you like tinkering

and hunting for parts on the Internet.

Otherwise go for it.A Honda Rebel is a great starter bike.

Then I'll tell you about "Beemers".

:) davey