New IM - Digsby

daggerXtreme

Anyone try Digsby yet? I think its actually a bit better than pidgin/trillain

Please post your comments below :P

daggerXtreme

I use Miranda. It's a PITA to set up but once it is it is very good. The addon site and Wiki have been down for months though so maybe I will check out Digsby. I have been reading great things about it.

• Moderators

From what I've read the big draw to this is that it can use facebook/myspace's chat things. Since I use neither or any other site like that I haven't tried it. I'll probably try it eventually but pidgin is pretty much perfect in my opinion.(except with file transfers on aim but that should be fixed soon).

I do agree that pidgin is /much/ more simpler than digsby. Sometimes its just a tad bit too simple/not enough features. Digsby is right now somewhat of a ram-hog, probably because of all the email notifications. I didn't like pidgin because it doesn't have the 1 user profile thing. Anyone else try it yet?

seems pretty useless aside from the Facebook/Myspace integration. Miranda can do almost everything it can with probably less resources.

Miranda is the lightest of all the IM apps I have tried but also the most difficult to set up.