Adobe Flash

Canary

I had trouble installing the latest version of Flash, so I visited the Adobe site and followed the instructions that were there. That included removing previous versions of Flash, which Idid.

But now I can't download ANY versions. The Adobe site suggests going to Add/Remove Programs and repairing the browser, but there is no repair option on Windows Internet Explorer 7 (or not one that I can see, anyway).

Any ideas?

I've had problems with Flash player only on one site only so I downloaded the update from here and just to make sure the uninstaller from here. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Then run Secunia Software Inspector to insure that no vulnerable Flash players or other applications are installed:

http://secunia.com/software_inspector

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I've had problems with Flash player only on one site only so I downloaded the update from here and just to make sure the uninstaller from here. ;)

Hi guys, and thanks for your help so far. I have run the Software Inspector and that shows that there are no old versions of Adobe Flash installed. But when I try to download a new version of Flash, I still get an error message.

I've followed the instructions on the error message, but it has got me nowhere.

I now can't even watch basic things such as videos on Youtube.

Hi guys, and thanks for your help so far. I have run the Software Inspector and that shows that there are no old versions of Adobe Flash installed. But when I try to download a new version of Flash, I still get an error message.

I've followed the instructions on the error message, but it has got me nowhere.

I now can't even watch basic things such as videos on Youtube.

What does CCleaner Options > Uninstall show as regards Adobe Flash etc ?

I thought if you go to a website that uses Flash they give you the option to download Flash.

Try browser Tools > Internet Options > Programs > Manage add-ons > (add ons that have been used by Internet Explorer Scroll to Shockwave Flash Object and Highlight then Delete.

Maybe that's what they meant about "repairing" the browser.

It may be needed to Delete the add-on to download a new one? No You Tube??? OH MY!!!

Good Luck,

:) davey

P.S. The only thing slower than Adobe website Self Serve is when their software is loading.

I don't ever remember getting through to that site.I think it exists somewhere at the other end of Cyberspace.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all your help and tips, guys.

I finally solved the problem by following the adobe troubleshooting guide. I had to run something called "reset_minimal" which I found in the Window Resoure Kits folder.

I actually had the same problem recently. I uninstalled it from Add/Remove Programs, but still couldn't install new version. I used CCleaner to show my program list, and it was showing in that list but not in Add/Remove Programs anymore so I uninstalled again using CCleaner. Then the new version installed perfect. I'm going to keep the troubleshooting link handy for any future problems just in case. ;)

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I uninstalled it from Add/Remove Programs, but still couldn't install new version.

I think it's recommened to use Flash own Uninstaller.

Direct DL link: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashpl...lash_player.exe

The Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller is a valuable tool for troubleshooting and testing detection schemes.

I think it's recommened to use Flash own Uninstaller.

Direct DL link: http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashpl...lash_player.exe

The Adobe Flash Player Uninstaller is a valuable tool for troubleshooting and testing detection schemes.

Yeah, that's covered in Hazelnut's link. Overall it is good practice to any program's uninstaller to uninstall a program. I'm just lazy, and by default uninstall using add/remove. ;) Admittedly a bad habit LOL.

Windows Pro Media 8.1 x64  |  8GB Ram  |  500G HDD 7200 RPM  |  All  that I know about my graphics is that it's Intel  :)

I actually had the same problem recently. I uninstalled it from Add/Remove Programs, but still couldn't install new version. I used CCleaner to show my program list, and it was showing in that list but not in Add/Remove Programs anymore so I uninstalled again using CCleaner. Then the new version installed perfect. I'm going to keep the troubleshooting link handy for any future problems just in case. ;)

Hi krit86lr,

Like you I used Add/Remove programs.Then I made a little visit to a trusted website.They said I needed Flash Player and I used their download which sent me to Adobe with some sort of "higher priority".In a minimal amount of time I had my "new" Flash player.No muss, no fuss.

I find it interesting that many users including myself have experienced Flash problems recently.

And how C:\Windows\Downloaded Programs is now left with empty shells of what used to be in there.

Anybody else noticed these changes?

Overall it is good practice to any program's uninstaller to uninstall a program.

Apart from CCleaner and Recuva. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

Thanks all you guys and gals for a real heads up thread.

It really helps us other members and users to do the right thing and keep up to date.

Especially all the great links you guys provide in your replies and signatures.

I have used them all and they have been tremendously helpful in giving this PC a re-birth.

Plus my friends PC,plus my relatives...plus my pet...plus me.....plus.......

• 3 months later...
Thanks all you guys and gals for a real heads up thread.

It really helps us other members and users to do the right thing and keep up to date.

Especially all the great links you guys provide in your replies and signatures.

I have used them all and they have been tremendously helpful in giving this PC a re-birth.

Plus my friends PC,plus my relatives...plus my pet...plus me.....plus.......

I was searching for an answer;i found this cool thread :)