Suggestion for further version

Dancer

Hi,

I miss at least one function : if I update my version, all settings of the configuration are reset :( . It would nice if there is a possibility that the settings will be saved during updates.

Greetings,

Dancer

there is already a option to save settings in a .ini file my friend... and this will avoid that problem if you install the next version of CCleaner without uninstall the previous one... search for it... ;)

@warmth

Betatesting a life!

Current: Nokia Lumia 920 [WP8], HTC 7 Surround T8788 [WP7.8] & Vodafone 858 Smart [Android SmartLucky2.3] | Previous: Nokia Lumia 820, 720, 800, E7-00, X7-00, N8-00, N97, N96, etc.

Official Nokia Suite Beta Tester | Nokia Beta Labs Contributor of the month (June, 2011) | NokiaNews.eu & LoveMyNokia.com writer

there is already a option to save settings in a .ini file my friend... and this will avoid that problem if you install the next version of CCleaner without uninstall the previous one... search for it... ;)

Another option would be to open the registry editor (RegEdit) and export the key, "HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings\CCleaner", to a registry (.reg) file. Following any future installation of CCleaner, double click the .reg file you created to restore your previous settings.

Regards

DJ

I miss at least one function : if I update my version, all settings of the configuration are reset :( . It would nice if there is a possibility that the settings will be saved during updates.

Hi Dancer.

Well thats where you are going wrong. If you uninstall CCleaner before you install a newer version then as you say all your settings will be lost. Just install CCleaner on top of the last one and your settings will be retained.

You can as suggested use the ini options where your settings are saved to the CCleaner.ini file. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

That's what I do. I also have that ini file archived and saved when I do my backups.

I don't I use the registry because I can save my own reg file of all the settings. The problem with CCleaner.ini is if CCleaner doesn't find it in the app folder when it starts it uses the registry. If it does find it, it uses the CCleaner.ini settings.

When you first use CCleaner this file isn't there. When you select this option in Options\Advance it creates a new CCleaner.ini. Just watch the CCleaner folder while you click this option. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best