***Registry Issues not being Fixed!***

mxzaffino24

A couple years ago I had a very old computer. I was told about CCleaner by a friend and that it would improve my computer's performance a great deal. It did, and since then I have had a few different computers and used it every day on all of them. I am a hard core CCleaner fan.I run CCleaner every day, a few times a day.

I always run the cleaner and the registry app.

For some reason, every time I run the Registry application lately, the same 14 issues appear. Other issues also appear, but are taken care of after I "fix" them the first time.

Every time, no matter how many times, I Scan for Issues and "Fix" them, these unLucky 14 continue to appear in the next scan results.

Does anyone out there know a possible solution to this problem?

If anyone Knows, PLEASE HELP!!! -Respond to this post or email me at mxrla24@yahoo.com (I would prefer if you were able to email me.)

If necessary, I can email you pictures of the unlucky 14 scan results.

• Moderators

It could be a registry permissions problem, or even a program that keeps recreating those keys.

Anyways it's a bad ideal to post your email address onto a forum as it's an easy way to get spammed.

It could be a registry permissions problem, or even a program that keeps recreating those keys.

Anyways it's a bad ideal to post your email address onto a forum as it's an easy way to get spammed.

Yeah thats it exactly, my antivirus kept creating shortcut files in the registry that kept reappearing. So unless you want to get rid of the program that corrosponds to the files, you need to simply write them in as exceptions to the registry scan as i did. They will no longer come up. Id bet they are not harming your computers performance enough to warrant deleting the program causing them.

Right on about the E-Mail address. "mxzaffino24" ,I would recommend that you edit your posts and remove your E-mail address.

CCleaner's Registry function has been listing about 26 unused file extensions for me since I stared using it in Nov. 2007 .

Regedit,used by CCleaner Registry integrity process, puts them right back immediately.

All these extensions have to do with Internet Explorer,in my case.

They are always reported as unused file extensions.

I just leave that option unchecked and turn it back on every once in awhile. Sometimes I do have other unused extensions that Regedit allows to be deleted.

Good Luck,

:) davey

P.S. If the Registry function says they are deleted and you scan again immediately are they still there?If so, then as Andavari said it is probably a registry permissions problem.

If they are gone and come back the next day then as Andavari said it is probably a program recreating them.

Edited by davey