spyware doctor starter edition 5.1 and 5.5

Eli

I have the s.d starter edition 5.1 ,does anybody know if the 5.5 starter edition is any better ?

If yes ,is the antivirus in it optional ?

Thank you in advance . :huh:

OS : MS windows XP pro sp3 Processor : AMD Athlon 64x2 Dual core 3800, 2009Mhz.
Mother board : Gygabyte M61 PM-S2 Ram : 3GB
Disk space : 649.05 GB Default browser: Firefox
Protection : Sandboxie, MBam free version

I have the s.d starter edition 5.1 ,does anybody know if the 5.5 starter edition is any better ?

If yes ,is the antivirus in it optional ?

Thank you in advance . :huh:

5.5 is slightly more 'lightweight' it its use of system resources. The original 5.0 release was fairly heavy on system resources and didn't get a lot of positive feedback. This was the main improvement in the 5.5 release.

Yes, the anti-virus module is optional. You can just turn it off.

We also have Spyware Doctor 5.5 Starter Edition, which I've not bothered putting online yet. I'll stick that up soon. I had assumed that everyone would just go for the SD 5.5 with AV Starter Edition!

Chris/vnunet.com

5.5 is slightly more 'lightweight' it its use of system resources. The original 5.0 release was fairly heavy on system resources and didn't get a lot of positive feedback. This was the main improvement in the 5.5 release.

Yes, the anti-virus module is optional. You can just turn it off.

We also have Spyware Doctor 5.5 Starter Edition, which I've not bothered putting online yet. I'll stick that up soon. I had assumed that everyone would just go for the SD 5.5 with AV Starter Edition!

Chris/vnunet.com

Chris, I actually had to uninstall "with anti-virus". I turned the anti-virus off immediately after installation but my pc all but froze. Was about ready for a restore when it finally opened the uninstall file. This was probably a 10 minute event. It didn't like NOD32 at all I suppose, even though the anti-virus was disabled. I'll certainly give Spyware Doctor a run though. Thank You!

Spyware Doctor is a really good Spyware Program I've been using it for a long time now but also with ppl with slower pcs it dose lag on there pc some what witch not a lot of ppl can afford newer pc's

Chris, I actually had to uninstall "with anti-virus". I turned the anti-virus off immediately after installation but my pc all but froze. Was about ready for a restore when it finally opened the uninstall file. This was probably a 10 minute event. It didn't like NOD32 at all I suppose, even though the anti-virus was disabled. I'll certainly give Spyware Doctor a run though. Thank You!

Good point, never thought that the AV module may cause issues with other AV software. I'll try and get the basic SD 5.5 Starter online by Friday morning.

Chris/vnunet.com