Safari or Firefox?

xbrianx

I noticed Safari 3 is out for PC now. I like the simplicity of the standard theme and pretty much everything else that comes with it.

My question is, though, is it as secure as Firefox?

I've done research on the speed and it turns out to be faster than Firefox 3 Beta, and older, in many areas. It blocks pop-ups and 3rd party cookies as well. It has tabs and spellchecker too.

I am using it on a laptop and so far, it's nice. I like it.

Anyone use Safari for PC? Somehow, using Safari makes me want a Mac even more. :P

I noticed Safari 3 is out for PC now. I like the simplicity of the standard theme and pretty much everything else that comes with it.

My question is, though, is it as secure as Firefox?

I've done research on the speed and it turns out to be faster than Firefox 3 Beta, and older, in many areas. It blocks pop-ups and 3rd party cookies as well. It has tabs and spellchecker too.

I am using it on a laptop and so far, it's nice. I like it.

If you like simple than it's the browser for you. It's too simple for me and after using Firefox, Maxthon1 and 2, Opera, Avant, and IE7 with IE7 Pro I find Safari terrible to use. Missing too many features/addons that I want.

Anyone use Safari for PC? Somehow, using Safari makes me want a Mac even more. :P

I want and will be getting a Mac. It's not a matter of if but when. I will definitely buy a Mac before I buy anything with Vista installed on it.

Oh, okay. I really wanted to like it. :P:

I noticed it didn't have an ad-blocker when Myspace had their ads on just about every side of the page. I Googled for Ad-Block on Safari and I read that it isn't nowhere near as good as the one for Firefox, so I didn't even try it.

Yeah, I hate Vista. I got a desktop with XP and a laptop with Vista... and wooooooooooo, big difference. The sidebar actually bugs me and has been disabled since I got it and getting asked if I want to run a program every time is quite annoying. <_<

Oh, okay. I really wanted to like it. :P:

Well if you like it than great. Some people obviously will. It does the job. All browsers do. It's just my opinion on it.

I noticed it didn't have an ad-blocker when Myspace had their ads on just about every side of the page. I Googled for Ad-Block on Safari and I read that it isn't nowhere near as good as the one for Firefox, so I didn't even try it.

What add blocker did you find for Safari?

Yeah, I hate Vista. I got a desktop with XP and a laptop with Vista... and wooooooooooo, big difference. The sidebar actually bugs me and has been disabled since I got it and getting asked if I want to run a program every time is quite annoying. <_<

I think Microsoft will have a new OS out much quicker than it took them to get Vista out. Since they will support XP for a while we will probably be able to skip right over Vista and go from XP to what ever the new system will be. At least I'm hoping for that to be the case :P We would be screwed if they stopped supporting XP before a new OS came out :o

Well if you like it than great. Some people obviously will. It does the job. All browsers do. It's just my opinion on it.

What add blocker did you find for Safari?

I think Microsoft will have a new OS out much quicker than it took them to get Vista out. Since they will support XP for a while we will probably be able to skip right over Vista and go from XP to what ever the new system will be. At least I'm hoping for that to be the case :P We would be screwed if they stopped supporting XP before a new OS came out :o

Here's the download site: http://safariadblock.sourceforge.net/

and heres a review(read the comments): http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/12/16/sa...-for-me-please/

Yeah, I hope so too. I'd rather not have to buy Vista, then another OS.

Here's the download site: http://safariadblock.sourceforge.net/

and heres a review(read the comments): http://www.downloadsquad.com/2007/12/16/sa...-for-me-please/

Yeah, I hope so too. I'd rather not have to buy Vista, then another OS.

That adblocker is not for Windows. It's for the Mac OS only. The guy says he isn't even working on a Windows version.

Adblocking is a must for me on any browser.

That adblocker is not for Windows. It's for the Mac OS only. The guy says he isn't even working on a Windows version.

Adblocking is a must for me on any browser.

Ah, I didn't notice that; must read more careful next time. :blink:

Yes, me too.

http://www.computerworld.com/action/articl...ties&articl

eId=9065298&taxonomyId=85

February 27, 2008 (IDG News Service) If you're using Apple Inc.'s Safari browser, PayPal Inc. has some advice for you: Drop it, at least if you want to avoid online fraud. :mellow:

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/03/26/ap...i_eula_paradox/

Apple forbids Windows users from installing Safari for Windows

• 3 years later...

I noticed Safari didn't have an ad-blocker when MySpace had their ads on just about every side of the page. I Googled AdBlock for Safari, and read that it wasn't nearly as good as the one for Firefox, so I didn't even try it.

AdBlock Plus may not be compatible with Safari, but the original is, and it actually works quite well. I use it (I'm using it now), and I see no ads anywhere but Google (which I haven't blocked). Also, AdBlock Plus is more complicated than the original. You should've tried the original.

Safari starts at about the same time as Firefox and Opera. During usage, Safari is the fastest browser, hands down.

I agree with that. I use Safari, and I'm using it right now.

Apple forbids Windows users from installing Safari for Windows.

I didn't know that, and it hasn't stopped me! I've installed Safari on two or three different Windows computers so far. Is ignorance an excuse in this case? I'm just curious.

I only know 3 things about Piriform products; they work well, they're simple to use, and I like them. Hopefully, that will be enough.