Removal of sign on in Yahoo

tnodnarb

• Moderators

Maybe it's cookie related, if so try this:

1. Log onto Yahoo and make your preferred settings, then close your web browser.
  2. Run CCleaner.
  3. Click Options->Cookies
  4. If you see any Yahoo cookies listed on the left click them, then press the -> button to move them over to the right.

• Moderators

I've tried the "Keep Me Signed In" thing with yahoo, but it doesn't always work for me, even without running CCleaner. And I kept the cookie.

I've also tried the "Sign In Seal", but that keeps disappearing as well. If anyone's managed to retain the "Sign In Seal" for any length of time, or the "Keep Signed In" status, I'd love to know.

Maybe it's me.

• Moderators
I think it may use a flash cookie, try unticking Adobe flash player in CCleaner.

Hazel, I deserve a good kick up the backside. I should have looked for a flash cookie as I posted about the very same thing a while back, when I found the Deezer cookie.

Yahoo "logincache.sol" flash cookie can be found here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\#SharedObjects\TC6R3XQX\login.yahoo.com

And Yahoo "settings.sol" flash cookie here:

C:\Documents and Settings\<User Name>\Application Data\Macromedia\Flash Player\macromedia.com\support\flashplayer\sys\#login.yahoo.com

Add these folders to CCleaner > Options > Exclude > Add Folder.

Note: The numbered folder in the first link will probably be a different number.

• Moderators
Maybe it's cookie related, if so try this:

1. Log onto Yahoo and make your preferred settings, then close your web browser.

2. Run CCleaner.

3. Click Options->Cookies

4. If you see any Yahoo cookies listed on the left click them, then press the -> button to move them over to the right.

As well as the flash cookies, you still need to keep the normal cookie as per Andavaris post.

Good clear instructions you gave there Dennis.

Thanks for the flash cookie heads up Hazel, you're a star.

For info purposes, if you think your settings are in a flash cookie, it's worth finding and excluding the appropriate folder/s and leaving CCleaner to get rid of the undesirable ones that find there way to this location.

i experienced the same thing. the solution for me was very simple:

Yahoo! Mail users: If you are being repeatedly asked to enter your password when trying to sign in to your Yahoo! Mail account, then you might be using the incorrect URL/web address to access Yahoo! Mail.

If you are using a desktop shortcut, bookmark, or browser Favorite to access the Yahoo! Mail sign-in page, or if you have Yahoo! Mail set as your home page, please make sure you are specifically going to http://mail.yahoo.com and not a different URL that contains any additional characters. You might need to reset your bookmark to the above-mentioned URL.

You can also go to the Yahoo! home page and click the "Mail" link. This will take you to the correct sign-in page.