Silent Registry Cleanup

Hi,

I'd like you to add a command line switch to silently cleanup the registry. Registry cleanup may not be a daily job but I need this switch nonetheless. Furthermore, CCleaner is quite safe, so what's the harm?

Choose one of these implemenations. :)

CCleaner.exe /AUTO-REGISTRY

CCleaner.exe /AUTO-REGISTRY-CLEANUP

CCleaner.exe /AUTO-REGISTRY-CLEANUP-YEAH-I-KNOW-THE-IMPLICATIONS

Thank you very much. Great tool!

It will never happen.

This had been discussed several times and it has always reached the conclusion that even though CCleaner is one of the safest registry cleaners out there, there is just too much that could go wrong with auto registry cleaning.

Most people will not have any problems with just cleaning all errors, but there are a select few that could have serious problems after cleaning all.

CCleaner.exe /AUTO-REGISTRY-CLEANUP-YEAH-I-KNOW-THE-IMPLICATIONS
Hilarious!

They call them fingers, but I've never seen them fing, or ger. WOAH there they go!!!!!!!

~Otto

How to use CCleaner on a Flash Drive (pre v2.0)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
It will never happen.

This had been discussed several times and it has always reached the conclusion that even though CCleaner is one of the safest registry cleaners out there, there is just too much that could go wrong with auto registry cleaning.

Most people will not have any problems with just cleaning all errors, but there are a select few that could have serious problems after cleaning all.

Hilarious!

Regretfully, for registry cleaning, I have to use another third party tool which permits command line switches. I find the logic against not supporting such an automation option very frustrating. I do not like the "no you can not have this option because you might break something" argument. Suddenly I feel like a three year old child asking for a big boy cup instead of a sippy cup - ohh pleeeaaassseee mummy, I promise i won't spill anything.

Many end users will just hit the 'fix all' button without knowing or second guessing anyway - there is an equal risk people could break something also. We are asking for an OPTION for a command line switch for auto registry cleaning for those who CHOOSE to use the tool in that manner.

I am an adult, I understand the risks, please allow me to decide whether or not I want to automate registry cleaning. I am really getting tired of this stupid debate - please reconsider.