Perflib_Perfdata_95c.dat

lethal

Hi,

I am using the latest version of CCleaner ( 2.05.555 ), and windows xp appears to be having a problem with a file named 'Perflib_Perfdata_95c.dat' (corrupt)...and chkdsk is recommended by windows and starts at the next boot.

I run with 2gb of RAM, Core2Duo 2.33 GHz, and an NVIDIA 8600GT.

I dont believe 'chkdsk' can be run manually from the start menu's (i would apprecaite correction and guidance as to how to, if I am incorrect).

Is there a problem with the latest version?

I have downloaded it a second and third time...with the same result.

Appreciate any advice/comment.

thanks

Lethal

I am using the latest version of CCleaner ( 2.05.555 ), and windows xp appears to be having a problem with a file named 'Perflib_Perfdata_95c.dat' (corrupt)...
You can have several Perflib_Perfdata_XXX.dat files (I have 1 in C:\Windows\Temp and 2 in C:\Documents and Settings\Glenn\Local Settings\Temp) where XXX is a random alphanumeric.

They are system temp files that appear to be freshly created at boot and are usually locked in use but if one is incorrectly persisting, you should be able to delete it using Unlocker.

EDIT: Knowledge Base article KB 285798

I dont believe 'chkdsk' can be run manually from the start menu's (i would apprecaite correction and guidance as to how to, if I am incorrect).
My Computer, right-click C:\ > Properties > Tools > Error-checking > Check Now

Is there a problem with the latest version?
Not that I'm aware of.

Unlocker here, excellent app.

http://ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/

Thanks again Hazel and Glenn,

Unfortunately the problem continues at (say 1 in 4 reboots) and the knowledgebase article was 'atypical microsoft'...of limited use or guidance.

I have not been able to delete the files once CCleaner generates them...I will attempt so with the unlocker.

Onward and upward eh?

regards

I have not been able to delete the files once CCleaner generates them

Is it the same file every time, i.e., Perflib_Perfdata_95c.dat and same created/modified times ... or are new ones replacing old ones, i.e., different 3-character string and created/modified dates but same total number of files ... or are new ones accumulating, i.e., number of files is increasing?

Do the created/modified times match when you reboot?

In which folder(s) are they C:\Windows\Temp or C:\Documents, Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp, and/or elsewhere?

Is it the same file every time, i.e., Perflib_Perfdata_95c.dat and same created/modified times ... or are new ones replacing old ones, i.e., different 3-character string and created/modified dates but same total number of files ... or are new ones accumulating, i.e., number of files is increasing?

Do the created/modified times match when you reboot?

In which folder(s) are they C:\Windows\Temp or C:\Documents, Settings\<username>\Local Settings\Temp, and/or elsewhere?

Hi Glenn,

Thanks for the post and interest.

I need to check both points out and come back to you.

regards