Norton

agumon

which version of norton antivirus will you suggest my friend to buy...?

he is thinking of either norton antivirus 2003, norton antivirus 2004 or norton antivirus 2005... please do not suggest other antivirus software... just give suggestion... nevermind if you have no command about it...

i will re-direect my friend to this thread... thanks...

--==aGumon==--

thanks rridgely... guess norton is not famous afterall... no one wants to use it... or even commending it... the only thing that people will say about norton is that "it sucks", "take up lots of system resources", "look for better alternatives" blah blah blah... :lol:

guess my friend is not making a right choice to buy antivirus from norton..

--==aGumon==--

Agumon tell your friend about the free microsoft offer of one year free of Computer Associates EZ antivirus. It is very good and it will save him some money. The link is:

http://store.ca.com/dr/v2/ec_main.entry25?...5939&CID=190471

thanks for reminding me about the free subscription of ez antivirus...

my friend had just brought a new computer, so he wanted a antivirus... since he had been using norton antivirus in his previous system... so i think he is used in using norton antivirus... not too sure what he will be buying... is up to him... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

I like Avast! (after turning the skins off)

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (SAVCE) is the best product made by the company that makes "Norton" products, and that is because it's not even Symantec's virus engine -- it's Intel's!

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

• Moderators
I like Avast! (after turning the skins off)

Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (SAVCE) is the best product made by the company that makes "Norton" products, and that is because it's not even Symantec's virus engine -- it's Intel's!

I had Symantec Antivirus Corporate Edition (Legally). It's alright, but I switched to Avast! Home Edition. I personally think it's better. I don't too much care for Norton.

I know you said don't suggest others, but really no one is suggesting Norton. You think that would mean something...

Your Friendly Neighborhood Piriform Forum Moderator

Quick Links: CCleaner Products | CCleaner Documentation | Knowledge Center | Downloads | Lost License Key

• Moderators

Straight to the point; Norton, McAfee, and PC-cillin install way too much that integrates deep into the system making them very difficult to remove.

The only commercial av programs I would buy would if there weren't good free alternatives are BitDefender, eTrust EZ Antivirus, F-Prot, NOD32, Sophos.

Out of all the free av programs I think it's a matter of choice, such as; does the user like the GUI, and most importantly is it at the least ICSA Labs Certified at detecting infections. I no longer put too much value in certification for removing an infection from an executible since many modern viruses/malware destroy the executible beyond any point of repair.

• Moderators
my friend have decided to buy ez Trust antivirus from CA.

Better off saving money for a year and use the free 12 month trial that isn't limited in anyway from Microsoft and Computer Associates available

here. That way if your friend doesn't like it, etc., it's a simple matter of choosing another.

Better off saving money for a year and use the free 12 month trial that isn't limited in anyway from Microsoft and Computer Associates available

here. That way if your friend doesn't like it, etc., it's a simple matter of choosing another.

yup... he is getting that... thanks Andavari... maybe i should not use the word "buy"... :lol:

--==aGumon==--

I have used Norton AntiVirus 2003 it sucked, eventually I installed Norton AntiVirus 2005 which sucked even more.

Now I use AntiVir from www.free-av.com, it is freeware (free for personal use only), made by a german company, doesnt have any skins, works great.

firefoxblue4yw.gif

button_b.png hydrogen2nr.png

80x15_3.png

thanks guys... my friend have decided to buy ez Trust antivirus from CA... case close... :lol:

I have used Norton AntiVirus 2003 it sucked, eventually I installed Norton AntiVirus 2005 which sucked even more.

Now I use AntiVir from www.free-av.com, it is freeware (free for personal use only), made by a german company, doesnt have any skins, works great.

See agumon's quote. You need to learn how to read. :rolleyes:

• Moderators

Norton may not suck at finding known viruses. The reason I stopped using it back in 2001 was because it never found sucpicious or virus destroyed file's that F-Prot and BitDefender would quickly identify.

• 2 months later...

H'mmm been using Norton AntiVirus and Internet Security for years now never been hacked or had a worm or virus on my computer using it. Wife belongs to a few yahoo groups so we get around 50 or so emails a day plus I have my downloader set to inspect all files with Norton. Works for me so far :rolleyes: