IE8 Beta released.

Anthony A

• Moderators
How do you edit the title of a thread? Can't seem to correct my spelling mistake.

Done! ;)

I won't be trying out the beta, although if anyone does feel free to post screenshots or link to a site that has some. Hopefully the GUI isn't a disappointment like IE7.

Done! ;)

I won't be trying out the beta, although if anyone does feel free to post screenshots or link to a site that has some. Hopefully the GUI isn't a disappointment like IE7.

If you look on the page I linked under "New And Excititng Features" it shows pics of it and the new features. It looks like IE7 with some new features. IE8 doesn't appear to be a major up date at least in terms of appearance. It has a redone favorites bar and crash recovery and a few other things but nothing earth shattering or better than the other browsers out there.

http://www.microsoft.com/windows/products/...NewFeatures.htm

• Moderators

At least this confirms that it will be coming to XP.

I was a little worried that it wouldn't be. This at least means MS is planning to keep xp updated for a while. I actually do like IE7 pretty well so hopefully this will fix some of its faults.(I really want them to move the reload, and home buttons back to where they should be. Or better yet make the toolbars customizable)

Also spell checking without IE7pro would be good too.(I wouldn't count on ad blocking though, ever. They would be sued into oblivion for it)

I didn't download IE8, but noticed something about a Silverlight Agreement where the browser sends data back to Microsoft? Is this something new...or, do all IE browsers send data to microsoft? Can that feature be disabled on IE8? Thanks in advance for any replies.

By the way, I have been trying Apple's Safari Browser...I find that I am starting to like it...it has some great features.