Laptop

Bavaria

I want to buy a laptop.What is the deal with the Intel Centrino Processor? What will be better?Intel Centrino,AMD,Intel Pentium?

I dont want to buy a very expensive laptop ,but not an old model.

Any suggestions?

Thx!

Centrino's not a processor.

It's a marketing term (circa 2003) for a set of core technologies: Pentium M processor [which means low core voltage: less heat, less power consumption, longer battery life], Intel 855 chipset, and Intel Pro/Wireless. For a laptop to be Centrino, it has to have all three. It's a good thing.

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Centrino's not a processor.

It's a marketing term (circa 2003) for a set of core technologies: Pentium M processor [which means low core voltage: less heat, less power consumption, longer battery life], Intel 855 chipset, and Intel Pro/Wireless.  For a laptop to be Centrino, it has to have all three.  It's a good thing.

Ok! :)

But the speed ,compared to AMD or Intel?

it doesn't really matter anymore (only to people like me). get what you can afford and offers you the most extensibility for your money (like # of usb ports, # of card slots, warranty, screen resolution, the list goes on).

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

Before I get flamed, I'm not going to edit my previous post.

Here are my favorite laptops, in order:

Apple's biggest Powerbook (:P)

IBM Thinkpad

Toshiba Satellite Pro (or the high-end Tecras)

Gateway (I know GW used to be whack, -- but I'm referring to the high end widescreen ones with glossy screens, they're leet)

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

I'm on my third Sony Vaio laptop and have been extremely happy with all three. On two occasions, I've had problems which were hardware situations and in both cases, Sony immediately sent me prepaid FedEx shipping cartons, along with a prepaid FedEx form. My laptops were sent to their repair facility in California. Both times, my laptops were returned via FedEx within three days and in perfect working condition.