Check for updates launches two browsers.

Anthony A

This worked for me:Link

My problem isn't with Firefox. Firefox should open when I click the check for updates link in CCleaner because it is my default browser. The problem is that IE7 is also being launched and I do not see this with any other program just CCleaner.

My problem isn't with Firefox. Firefox should open when I click the check for updates link in CCleaner because it is my default browser. The problem is that IE7 is also being launched and I do not see this with any other program just CCleaner.

Try setting IE as default browser then setting it back to FF

Try setting IE as default browser then setting it back to FF

Hmm maybe it is Firefox issue. I did what you said but it didn't fix the problem. So I tried making Opera my default than checked for updates with CCleaner and Opera launched no problem and only Opera. Switched back to Firefox as my default and checked for updates again with CCleaner and again both Firefox and IE7 launched.

Hmm maybe it is Firefox issue. I did what you said but it didn't fix the problem. So I tried making Opera my default than checked for updates with CCleaner and Opera launched no problem and only Opera. Switched back to Firefox as my default and checked for updates again with CCleaner and again both Firefox and IE7 launched.

It has cropped up before (CCleaner opening IE and FF) but I can't remember the other suggestion that worked, and can't find any of the old posts with the same problem. Maybe someone with a better memory will pipe up with the solution :unsure:

It has cropped up before (CCleaner opening IE and FF) but I can't remember the other suggestion that worked, and can't find any of the old posts with the same problem. Maybe someone with a better memory will pipe up with the solution :unsure:

You might be remembering some of my old posts. Unfortunately, I'm becoming somewhat of a one-trick-pony on this issue :rolleyes: . Although the link doesn't seem to be relevant it does work, at least with XP.

When I use the check for updates feature in CCleaner it launches my default browser which is Firefox and it launches IE7. Both browsers go to the same page to download the update.

When I used the message box that popped up telling me there was a new version of CC , I clicked on the update now button and it opened firefox and ie, at the same time, after finding the problem listed here in the forum, I opened the newly installed version, and clicked the check for updates button and it also opened both firefox and ie. This was the first occurence of the problem for me, I've been using CC about 6 or 8 months. Firefox is my default browser.

When I used the message box that popped up telling me there was a new version of CC , I clicked on the update now button and it opened firefox and ie, at the same time, after finding the problem listed here in the forum, I opened the newly installed version, and clicked the check for updates button and it also opened both firefox and ie. This was the first occurence of the problem for me, I've been using CC about 6 or 8 months. Firefox is my default browser.

I have this problem on thee machines. I only just noticed it because I really don't use the internal check for updates with CCleaner. I am at this forum often so I see when there is a new version and I just download it. For some reason I just decided to click the check for updates and it opened both browsers. It's not a big deal because CCleaner works perfectly other wise for me.