CCleaner saving wanted cookies only for a while

Name User

Hi,

I'm new here, and have only been using CCleaner for a little while. I first read about it via some forum chat I picked up on after doing a Google search about how to clean the Client UrlCache MMF Ver 5.2 index file in the cookies folder.

My main problem with this program is that it will only save the cookies I tell it to for so long (not sure of exact time period), then it deletes them. This is very frustrating and causes me to have to reregister on many sites.

I don't see a way to adjust settings anywhere to account for this.

Can someone be so kind as to lend a hand on this? :(

Hi,

I'm new here, and have only been using CCleaner for a little while. I first read about it via some forum chat I picked up on after doing a Google search about how to clean the Client UrlCache MMF Ver 5.2 index file in the cookies folder.

My main problem with this program is that it will only save the cookies I tell it to for so long (not sure of exact time period), then it deletes them. This is very frustrating and causes me to have to reregister on many sites.

I don't see a way to adjust settings anywhere to account for this.

Can someone be so kind as to lend a hand on this? :(

If you want to stop Cleaner from removing certain cookies start the app up then click option then cookies then it will show you a list of cookies you have. Just click on the cookie you want then click the arrow button pointing to the "cookies to keep" section and they will appear there, CCleaner will now no longer remove the ones you have placed in the Cookies to keep section(you can always move them back if you wish). Hope it helps.

click option then cookies then it will show you a list of cookies you have. Just click on the cookie you want then click the arrow button pointing to the "cookies to keep"  section and they will appear there,

Well thanks for trying to help englishmen, but as I said in this sentence:

"My main problem with this program is that it will only save the cookies I tell it to for so long (not sure of exact time period), then it deletes them."

...I've told it to do that, and just as you described, but the ones I want to keep only remain in the list on the right for so long, then poof, they're gone.

Is there some Apply, Save, or other tab I'm missing after placing them there maybe?

For starters you do not need to reregister on sites when cookies have been deleted, you would need to login again using username and password though, there is a difference.

Are you really sure CCleaner is responsible for deleting your cookies after a set amount of time?

Or should you check which cookies are going to be saved each time you run CCleaner?

If there was an Apply, Save, or other tab that you had missed, then the problem would have been self inflicted, i'm afraid.

Englishmen tried to help you, possibly as best he could, he may well have tried to recreate the problem himself, I dont know though, but I felt your reply to him was kind of harsh.

Maybe one of the other good guys here will be able to help.

Capman: I reread everything I said, and I only see that I was trying to clarify what I meant, that's all.

If you have to select which cookies you want to save every time you use the cleaner function, that's news to me. I don't know why they would design it that way, but are you sure that is the case?

englishmen: I'll check those links you offered, and thanks.

If you have to select which cookies you want to save every time you use the cleaner function, that's news to me. I don't know why they would design it that way, but are you sure that is the case?

No, I am not sure, I was just offering a possible option for you to look into.

I personally run CCleaner using default options, as I have no problems with having to log in to websites each time I visit them, so it is not a problem to me if I have my login cookies deleted.

If it does turn out to be the case that certain cookies need to be added everytime you run CCleaner, then I am sure MrG will address this in the future.

I will however have a play with it myself to set my mind at rest.

It is an excellant program already however, and I am sure it will prove to become more excellant as time goes on, so please stick with it. ;)