SpywareGuard question

Icedrake

I have no idea, however SpywareGuard is hopelessly outdated, time to move on to something newer and maintained in my opinion.

Yes I agree, but at least it works with Vista, which is more than any other free real-time anti spyware protection available (please correct me if I'm wrong). It bearly takes up any memory or space.

Maybe if you want to buy a package antivius/firewall/spyware, but otherwise I'm happy to have it running along side spywareblaster and spybot search and destroy.

Yes I agree, but at least it works with Vista, which is more than any other free real-time anti spyware protection available (please correct me if I'm wrong). It bearly takes up any memory or space.

Maybe if you want to buy a package antivius/firewall/spyware, but otherwise I'm happy to have it running along side spywareblaster and spybot search and destroy.

Which real-time anti spyware protection applications do not work with Vista :huh:

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Who does create them spywares and adwares and why? I'm sick and tired of all that stuff. :angry:

It is the criminal element that has learned that instead of importing illegal drugs and risking long prison terms they can build their own malware and even purchase Off-The-Shelf malware quite cheaply to pollute the Internet with their money making stuff through their vast array of spambots that either infect un-patched systems or lure marks with promises of FREA STUFF that can be downloaded to do Kewl things.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Windows Defender works with Vista and although it may not be a great real time anti spyware app it is at least up to date. Another free real time app is Spyware Terminator but I'm not sure if it works with Vista. http://www.spywareterminator.com/

I am using Sandboxie now if I feel the need for a real time protection. It is much better at protecting you than definition based apps.

SpywareGuard provides a real-time protection solution against spyware that is a great addition to SpywareBlaster's protection method.

An anti-virus program scans files before you open them and prevents execution if a virus is detected - SpywareGuard does the same thing, but for spyware! And you can easily have an anti-virus program running alongside SpywareGuard.

SpywareGuard now also features Download Protection and Browser Hijacking Protection!

Features Listing:

* Fast Real-Time Scanning engine - catch and block spyware before it is executed (EXE and CAB files supported) with signature-based scanning for known spyware and heuristic/generic detection capabilities to catch new/mutated spyware

* Download Protection - prevent spyware from being download in Internet Explorer

* Browser Hijacking Protection - stop browser hijacking activity in real-time

* SG LiveUpdate - provides an easy updating solution

* Small size - with a small size and small definition sizes, download and updates are quick

* Report Capabilities - keep a detailed log of all spyware detected

* Spyware files are blocked before being opened or run - they are not simply shut down after they are loaded in memory (and after they have performed their tasks)