Zune Cleanup

bloodstar007

When under the Disk Cleanup program in Windows XP and you have the Zune software and a Zune player, there is an option for Zune Temporary Converted Files. If you've been converting videos for your Zune, that entry gets *very* large (mine was over 4 GB when I finally got to it), is there a way to get CCleaner to do this for me, Disk Cleanup takes forever to run, and CCleaner just does a better job! Thanks!

http://www.zuneboards.com/tip-of-the-week/...converting.html where I found this initially.

• Moderators

Windows Media Player does the same thing, in it the converted files are called 'Transcoded Files Cache' why both it and Zune keep that temporary junk is beyond me. From the one and only time I used Zune I realized it's more-or-less just a re-skinned Windows Media Player.

Windows Media Player does the same thing, in it the converted files are called 'Transcoded Files Cache' why both it and Zune keep that temporary junk is beyond me. From the one and only time I used Zune I realized it's more-or-less just a re-skinned Windows Media Player.

I added the folders, thanks for that Andavari! It should empty it, it makes the files after it converts a video to the zune's format during a sync.

Just wanted to let the CCleaner team know that it would be a nice thing for it to add to the cleaning list.

I agree that the Zune software kinda sucks, but it's the only way to use the Zune. Though they did make it significantly better with the new software release.

-Bryan