All my pics show up in my wall paper dialog.

Anthony A

I just noticed that everything I put into MY Pictures folder shows up in the Wall Paper selection Dialog. If you don't know what I mean here is a shot of the selection dialog.

2008-02-03_181007.jpg

Even the contents of sub folders in the MY Pictures folder show up in there :blink: Why is it doing that?

Normally when I select a wall paper I use the browse button and navigate to my Pictures Folder and select a pic for my wall paper. I don't know if this some how has linked My Picture folder to the dialog or what. There are pics in that dialog from my folder that I have never used as a wall paper.

Hello Anthony A,

Been to any of the Tweak Sites lately?

I think it was just yesterday I was reading about some scrpit or other

to do just what is occuring to you.Have to look in my history and see where I visited.

:) davey

It's ironic I can't seem to be able to keep my wallpaper.You've got a house full. :lol:

• Moderators

I know on WinXP that it will remember the last folder you browsed and selected a wallpaper in, but I've never seen it show all of them like that before.

The two folders that are supposed to show up by default are:

* C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

* My Documents\My Pictures

I know on WinXP that it will remember the last folder you browsed and selected a wallpaper in, but I've never seen it show all of them like that before.

The two folders that are supposed to show up by default are:

* C:\Windows\Web\Wallpaper

* My Documents\My Pictures

The My Pictures folder is showing up as well as the default. The strange thing is that my sub folders in My Pictures is showing up. I have a folder called "icons" that I keep icons in and they are in png format and those are in the list to.

So it's normal for the My Pictures folder's contents to automatically be listed in the wall paper selector dialog? I didn't know that.

My computers have always done this.. I hardly ever open up the display dialog to put in back grounds but every single one of my computers is like this.(I have the same picture folder on all of them)

Well than I guess thats the way it is than. Stupid IMO. I don't need every pic/icon in My Picture folder and subfolders in there.

• Moderators

I guess I never even noticed that behaviour. I personally keep all my downloaded wallpaper in "My Pictures\My Wallpaper" that way when I do a backup I'm not having to save the default one's installed by Windows.

• Moderators

Just had a look Anthony and my pictures are not in that list. I have to browse to them, although I have never done that, I always go to my pics folder, right-click, show as desktop.

Also I put my wallpapers I like for desktops in a folder called interestingly enough, my desktops :)

A thread, with a couple of workarounds here

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-...background.html

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

I guess I never even noticed that behaviour. I personally keep all my downloaded wallpaper in "My Pictures\My Wallpaper" that way when I do a backup I'm not having to save the default one's installed by Windows.

Thats what I do to. Anything though in the My pictures folder shows up.

Just had a look Anthony and my pictures are not in that list. I have to browse to them, although I have never done that, I always go to my pics folder, right-click, show as desktop.

Also I put my wallpapers I like for desktops in a folder called interestingly enough, my desktops :)

A thread, with a couple of workarounds here

http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-...background.html

Thanks for that link. It seems the only real way to stop it is use a different folder.

Maybe the reason it doesn't happen to you is because you have not used the "browse" button yet. I don't remember having this issue before I started doing that. It started after using the "browse" button.

• 8 months later...
  • Moderators
There is a nice Workaround for this issue.

I Have Included Three Files In The .ZIP:

README.txt

DISABLE_My_Pictures_In_Wallpaper_List.reg

ENABLE_My_Pictures_In_Wallpaper_List.reg

The only issue I can see arise from changing the User Shell Folder to "My Pictures-DO-NOT-DISPLAY-IN-WALLPAPER-LIST" is a ton of registry cleaners are going to remove it, and who knows what Windows Updates will do. Also I've seen User Shell Folders magically recreated by software installations.