Before Uninstall CCleaner do I put back Backup files

tinyspirit

This is a different seperate question. I see someone did remove my post "NEVER" writing me or telling me. OR I screwed up and did not submit. I was doing 2 things at one time. I hope not someone here.

Not even help if it was not me & an administrater ( I hope it was me)...

I want need to know about the backup fies.Do I put them back before uninstalling????

Can I get an answer for at least this for a tiny start,please?

I don't want to cause trouble but Everything keeps disappearing in my computer that I need.

I made one error not intentionally but it has nothing to do with this or my questions/problems.

Moderators,if you move someone's post,please tell them?

I owned a forum 9 years and never would do that.

Maybe I posted wrong or I didn't submit so I'm trying again. I don't know if it was me or the administraters here.I can't imagine they would be that cruel. So maybe It was me.

Can someone help me uninstall and tell me what to do with the backup files before I uninstall??

CCleaner is nor good .No one should use this unless advanced.

I'm sorry.

I see people viewed.I know I can't get help just like that.

I probably should start a new topic with this. I wanted to keep in one place.

I think it's too confusing so Moderators I will probably re post this question in a new topoic and I don't think I should be. I don't think It's really appropriate but i'm getting too desperate.

I'm mad at myself for ever listening to anyone to use this product. It's not going to work for me. Everything needs to be unchecked so it does not remove everything a computer or person needs.

It wont let me get my autocomplete addresses,forms,etc...

I did hover over without a mouse and made a mistake deleting even saying NO I am not sure with the scroll pad. It's too sensitive and there everything went.

I was having trouble already after my first cleaning with CCleaner.

It's doing something and I did not believe it ran in the background. Something tells me it is..... Problems all the time. Things disappearing.

I don't know what happens when you put back the backup files or what needs to be done with them before uninstalling??

Can I maybe get just that answer. I need all answers and help but here's one someone should be able to answer easily for me.

Please tell me what i do with the backup files?? Shouldn't I put them all back. 4 I think?? Too bad because i needed some cleaning but now my computer is at a crwl and disconnecting,hanging.

I would be grateful,

tinyspirit :(:unsure:

Thank you Moderators!

It must have been me that forgot to submit or something.

I searched this topic and I'm not getting the answer I need.

This one should be the easy one for people to help me with.

My main question is elsewhere.Look under my profile.

Please Help?people are veiwing and I know many of you know this answer. I have no clue what to do?

Tinyspirit

Hello tinyspirit,

Looks like you have been experiencing quite a few problems.

The Cleaner function of CCleaner removes Temporary files and work files that Applications produce that users need cleaned.

Your Autocomplete Form History is probably gone.You must have checked it for cleaning.

As far as the backup files you refer too,they are created to restore registry settings that were changed or removed by the Registry cleaning function of CCleaner.This is also done only at your initiation.

You can Merge the changes back to your Registry in reverse order that you created them.You will find them in My Documents.

If you set your options correctly CCleaner is exceptionally thourough and fast.

CCleaner does not run in the background,unless you set it up to run at reboot.Then it only runs very briefly.You should not see CCleaner.exe as a Process in Task Manager unless you are currently running it.

Best Wishes,

:) davey

Hello tinyspirit,

Looks like you have been experiencing quite a few problems.

The Cleaner function of CCleaner removes Temporary files and work files that Applications produce that users need cleaned.

Your Autocomplete Form History is probably gone.You must have checked it for cleaning. Originally before I ran the CCleaner I hit this on my own by hovering over it on the scrollpad of my notebook. I cannot use it without a mouse and I didn't have one for 2 days. It was sensitive even on the highest setting.. I was even asked do you want to remove this.I said no but my other 4 fingers kept making the arrow move everywere , it clicked yes.... My fault there. But all autocomplete things are unchecked on CCleaner except cookies and other things that yes would remove some/many things.

As far as the backup files you refer too,they are created to restore registry settings that were changed or removed by the Registry cleaning function of CCleaner.This is also done only at your initiation.

You can Merge the changes back to your Registry in reverse order that you created them. I do not understand this reverse order and how would I know??? I know where they are. You will find them in My Documents.

If you set your options correctly CCleaner is exceptionally thourough and fast.

CCleaner does not run in the background,unless you set it up to run at reboot. Never saw anything that said reboot !! I unchecked run at start but I didn't check the task manager. Then it only runs very briefly.You should not see CCleaner.exe as a Process in Task Manager unless you are currently running it.

Best Wishes,

I am a person that had read everything as thoroughly as possible before using. I would not suggest the default settings they say to use to anyone.I was smart enough to uncheck a few,not alll that i should have which was almost everything. There's an thread telliing people off don't run it unless you read. I did for a year and as complete as I could before touching.

I was prompted for backup files and I do know where they are and what it was for.

I need to know a simple yes or no . Do I need to do this before deleting . This should be simple the question.

Now I still have NO answer Davey and your other post to me was no help at all either. Confused me more....

I don't want to be mean to someone that finally helped but I'm more confused and upset now.I was trying to stay calm now I'm hysterical.

***It's NOT directed towards you Davey. But now I have more questions and no one else has offered help....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

2 questions now here..... PLease help with my original question and now what is this program running since downloading CCleaner.I have done nothing else.There was a Windows update Jan22nd. Framework update .It said one download but I see 9 sub downloads underneath the one all stating cannot be removed. That's all that's gone on with my computer at the same time range. I hope CCleaner did not make those not removable.. I don't trust it.

It's TOO easy to use.

I need an answer to the backup files of the registry. What do I do and what do you mean REVERSE ORDER? WHY AND HOW

Everytime I log off ONLY since installing this there is a program running I never have had at shutting down before CCleaner.

I don't know what it is.

It does not stay long.

I will find the words I could see.

Close to this. What is this?? I have done only the CCleaner.

2) {sprt cmnd } program still running when I go to shut down.

Every time I shut down its there. I have to wait for it to close

I barely get to see the name.

1) Someone tell me Yes or No. Or what happens to the files If I do not Merge them back before uninstalling???

I can't stop posting here where the prodruct is owned by and I don't want to be here for days. Looks like I might be asking and waiting for someone to answer me.

No one said anything and I saw all the views. This has to be simple for someone to answer. My Address bar keeps getting deleted. Nothing is there for one day .I delete manually my temp and cookies daily but I have 10 sites always there. Closer to 10 or under. I go these every day of my life since 1998. It's hard to get rid of the cookie from one no matter what and I can't get it one time now?? .I manage at times but I start to enter something and NO options are there for even a second.... I have tried to get back all bits of history from forms,names,addresses,I will never ever find again in my life and so much more. In my other post ,you say it;'s all gone and that's what I keep seeing posted everywhere Ive searched for days now. There has to be a way for me to get it back. Please someone must know something??? Everything you can get back if someone is smart enough.... I can't even keep new ones I add. ALL is unchecked from CCleaner. No boxes checked at this time for awhile since that firat day a week/8 days ago..???

I need to know how much of a priority it is to put them back or not before getting rid of a product no good for me!!

I have to uncheck almost everything.

Right to be safe I have nothing checked.....

Please someone tell me straight out why I should or shouldn't and what happens to the 3 files I have there.

I have 3 and I was prompted for them and said yes !!!

I have more of a mess now. I thought how much more simple can this get?

Please help because I will end up more and more with posts like this. I can see what's happening.

I need a flat out question answered.

Free is not always the answer. If something works excellent then you would probably find a way to pay for it. Even with no money .

Tinyspirit :(:(:( (All confused and more now) This is not on Davey ( He was very nice but not my question here) but now he brought up something I don't understand.

I also finally saw the name of the program runing only a little while ago today.

The backups are kept in your 'My documents' (as Davey already said), they will have a name beginning with cc and contain the date in their filename. If you want to restore them start with the one with newest date, right click it and select merge to merge it back into the registry. Then repeat with next newest.

There's way too much in your post to deal with all the comments but the above is what you seem to want to know most. Personally though I think there is more going on than just what CCleaner has done, but if removing it will make you happy go ahead and do so and if you still have problems you'll know it isn't CCleaner and if that is the case feel free to come back for help and I'm sure we can try to help get to the bottom of any problems you're having (though if you do please try to keep your posts succinct and to the point, and preferably all the same font/colour, just makes it a little easier for us to read/understand and help) :)

Hello tinyspirit,

You may reset your Registry if you want.

You do not have to reset your Registry if you don't want to do that.

You can Uninstall CCleaner at any time.

Good Luck,

JD,

Yes that was what I wanted to know .Yes or no and is it a priority ?

What happens to it if you uninstall?

Now Davey says again if you want to? Davey all you are doing is adding more confusion and not helping now.You told me again IF I want to. What happens if I do not??

Yes or No. Davey I don't want to be mean or whatever I am. WHY is it OK to MAYBE do it maybe not? CCleaner has screwed up my computer more than it was. Davey or anyone that tries to help me I appreciate but it's 3:45 am and I wont calm down until resolved. I'm physically ill forever. I wont get into any details but this is the ONLY computer I have in my bed where I live in and all I have to use/to do daily. It has to work.

What happens if you do not merge them back? How do i know the order of which was first? How. I had to add 2 letters on each one because it said already in there. How will I know?

I have 3 and I know where they are.

OR were the day I installed CCleaner.Never looked or checked after that day.

IF I want??

Explain to me what that means. Why is it a choice.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I "Need" an answer to something else I finally got the name of the best I could.

What is this and is it related to CCleaner .I had one windows update.

Those are the only 2 things.

It showed up right after the exact day CC was downloaded. Just like that.

Everytime I log off ONLY since installing this there is a program running I never had while shutting down before CCleaner.

I don't know what it is?

It does not stay long.

Any ideas?

{sprt cmnd } program still running when I go to shut down.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I don't know what you hear from me but I am not intentionally trying to be mean.

I am hysterical beyond words now.

Tell me why I have a choice of yes or no and what will happen if I don't put it back? Will they just uninstall also?

Tinyspirit (to be honest I am so mad and my heart is pounding) I'm not mad at either of you. Free is not worth it some times. I didn't use it because it was free.

JD,

I'm agreeing more is wrong with my computer than CCleaner. Definitely-that was the point of CCleaner. That was one reason Ive wanted to run it for a year,then Ad Aware. They pushed me hard. Adding it made it worse and I did because i thought it would help and prompted to finally after a year due to removing Ad Aware. I do not have a need for CCleaner since I would uncheck everything except maybe 3 things. What good is that. I have no use for it.It's better I do not add anything and I did hoping I would not have more problems. What's with the new program that lingers when I shut down? Do you know.

I also cannot usually write briefly.

It's due to a medical problem very recent only.

Sorry the colors make it easier for ME !!!

Or i can't read the mess.

I will try-but I need help .

The colors are for No one else but me.

I really need to write in number 3.

Your 2 point is not normal for me. It's tiny and 3 is too big.

I'm ending this message .

Help please?

tinyspirit

Hi tinyspirit. I would recommend that you restore your reg backups, and then uninstall CCleaner. reboot PC and check to see if your problems have been resolved. This will establish if you have to search further for the cure to your problems.

PS I also find daveys posts confusing and often pointless, but probably trying to help nonetheless

Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit - IE11 - Nod32 - Mbam pro

Mike,

I will try.

You want to see if I uninstall if it goes away? Am I correct.

Ive read most of Davey's posts.I don't want to put him down but I'm not getting a good yes or no.

I will try this. The backup registries there are 3 of and I had to just choose 2 letters to add to each because it said already done.

I'll just try this.

Thank You ,

tinyspirit

Any idea what this is?

Mike,

I will try.

You want to see if I uninstall if it goes away? Am I correct.

Any idea what this is?

Yes that was my thoughts.

As for {sprt cmnd } a google brought up several hits but not in English (my only language) but if you think it could be[sprtcmd] then it seems to be related to Dell support

http://www.what-is-exe.com/filenames/sprtcmd-exe.html

Mike,

That was great! It ws nice of you. I was too over wrought and sick but I would have searched it.

I didn't expect you to. Obviously I have more issues than CCleaner but I'm afraid to uninstall now..... I need help???

I would have searched it probably 10 minutes after I came here to check..

Thank You...

It took many times to see the name. The name is not there ling enough.So quick then,a box and waiting for shut down.

Yes,that's the name I saw.Closest to what I wrote and yes this is a Dell.

It's says harful but I don't know.

Davey,Please you are making me insane. Please stop.

I have seen all of your posts and I know you like to play with around new tools/sites etc... and try to find ways to help people here.

I know yu mean well but now I am worse off than I was again.

You need to stop now,Please and not be offended.

I need help from someone here and Davey i can't work with you anymore. I am too nerbvous now to read another forum acting like I now have a problem with this and it says it's OK!! That's Dell for you. If it's not harmful at this moment I can't deal with that now that i know it seems to be safe enough and where it cames from.

Maybe CCleaner did something and now it's displaying. It started to show the day I downloaded CCleaner.....

You just added more stress to me.

I see Mike found it and you before I ever searched.

I only got the name close enough yesterday.

I need help with the registry issue????

My PC is a mess due to a mess of a registry. I know this and was just told this in the Microsoft forums CC only one to use or none ever. It's not safe . I had to go there for help .I was getting no help for the Autocomplete loss...

They say I have a screwed up registry and ONLY believe in ever using this ons CCleaner or NONE at all.

I knew I had problems in the registry. The reason for a year Ive wanted to run Cleaner then after removal of Ad Aware and being pushed too.

I have ALL boxes unchecked in CCleaner.

I just went to it and checked all in the Registry and deleted them w/backup .

22 problems. It scared me to run it !!! ONLY for the registry now unchecked like everything else.

I am going to read your manual again.

Here's my question ....

1) What happens if I uninstall CCleaner, does the backup of what I removed out of the registry get deleted also and put back on my computer.

If I do not merge the registry back, are those things cleaned out for good.? Will they stay under documents with other registry backups Ive actually saved?

I need an answer and then I will ask the next question.

Davey,please you confuse me so bad I am crying and I haven't cried in 6/7 years. I'm sick ,not able to handle this anymore. I only want help ,OK??

I'm telling you and the world here that I am very upset.

You might as well know how bad this is affecting me and Davey you mean well but I can't have help from you. I'm sorry.

I'm NOT downloading any other cleaners .

I need one thing and that's a new Malware program ASAP!

Spybot I have always.It does not catch a thing.

Mike ,you are the one that was staright forward and easy.

Can you help or of course anyone else but they have to be patient wiith me.

I don't want to explain but need help.

Tinyspirit (I can't shorten this..I tried)

Hi tinyspirit. I would recommend that you restore your reg backups, and then uninstall CCleaner. reboot PC and check to see if your problems have been resolved. This will establish if you have to search further for the cure to your problems.

PS I also find daveys posts confusing and often pointless, but probably trying to help nonetheless

MikeW,

I was going t do this first thing .

Things have changed.

Can you try to help me?

I posted a question and I tried not to be loing.

I'll stop and please look at it.

Keep in mind Microsofy forums said it's my registry.Clean it out but their forum ONLY says no cleaners ever or CCleaner.

I was directed to links to read.

I do know my registry is a mess. Shouldn't be now.I used CCleaner. Please look at my question??

I also did disk clesnup before CCleaner on my own computer and complete defrag.

If I never removed Ad Aware SE I woud have still waited until I found a way to get a professional tech. No money.

Tinyspirit

Here's my question ....

1) What happens if I uninstall CCleaner, does the backup of what I removed out of the registry get deleted also and put back on my computer.

If I do not merge the registry back, are those things cleaned out for good.? Will they stay under documents with other registry backups Ive actually saved?

I need an answer and then I will ask the next question.

The reg back-up does not require CCleaner to be installed if you wish to restore it at a later date. However, if you are concerned you could copy your reg backups to a floppy disk. so you can safley remove CCleaner.

If you want a reliable free antimalware program I would strongly recomend Superantspyware. http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Hope this helps you

Mike,

I understand about the backup and I can leave. That is now resolved.

A floppy Disc is not available for me to use.

So that would mean a CD and I don't know how to .

Ask me many things about computers but Ive only made one cd with all my favorites on it and I played around to try it.

I don't know if it even works for real.

I do know it should be on a disc of some sort..

Everything should be backed up on whatever kind of something.

It's not laziness but I wont get into explaining why I never have been ABLE to but I don't know how now.

I have the name of 2 suggested malware programs Ad Aware and reviews say are on top. One is A-Square? And i think Spyblaster? I have both saved .Not positive on the exact names.I will look at your suggestion because Spybot does nothing ever. I'll look. Thank you for that.

Questions:

1) How can I ask here to tell me how to put those backups on one CD? Can they all go on one? This to me is making me again more upset. Not your doing. Just knowing everything should be backed up.

2) What do you think about the Dell program you happened to find for me & Davey's post that shows it should be removed? Should I not touch it because it basically said it's safe? The thought of now calling Dell is not going over well with me. I'm not well enough to do that.

3) If I uninstall CCleaner and ever need to reinstall,am I ok to just download again? The Microsoft group wrote to me that my registry is a mess and I agree. Like I said I ran the registry cleaner here 4 times. So 4 backup files and nothing there at the moment. I would assume. I will defrag again. everything brings up another question when i need a reformat and have known that since day one with a Dell especially it would have been nice.

I'll stop here.

Tinyspirit

The reg back-up does not require CCleaner to be installed if you wish to restore it at a later date. However, if you are concerned you could copy your reg backups to a floppy disk. so you can safley remove CCleaner.

If you want a reliable free antimalware program I would strongly recomend Superantspyware. http://www.superantispyware.com/download.html

Hope this helps you

MikeW

Questions:

1) How can I ask here to tell me how to put those backups on one CD? Can they all go on one? This to me is making me again more upset. Not your doing. Just knowing everything should be backed up.

2) What do you think about the Dell program you happened to find for me & Davey's post that shows it should be removed? Should I not touch it because it basically said it's safe? The thought of now calling Dell is not going over well with me. I'm not well enough to do that.

3) If I uninstall CCleaner and ever need to reinstall,am I ok to just download again? The Microsoft group wrote to me that my registry is a mess and I agree. Like I said I ran the registry cleaner here 4 times. So 4 backup files and nothing there at the moment. I would assume. I will defrag again. everything brings up another question when i need a reformat and have known that since day one with a Dell especially it would have been nice.

I'll stop here.

Tinyspirit

I think you are trying to deal with to many things at once.

1. If your PC is now working ok, you dont need the reg backup's

2. If your pc is not working ok and you believe CCleaner caused a problem, then restore the reg backups in date time order starting with the last one. When this is complete reboot the PC. You can now remove CCleaner if you want to.

3. If after all this your pc is still faulty, run some on line scans to check you have no infections. If the PC is clean but still not working ok, then I suggest you carry out a Windows Repair instructions for this

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

• Moderators

1) If you're using Windows XP or newer:

To copy files to a CD-RW (I don't recommend wasting a write-once CD-R disc for this process) all you need to do is right click them either one at a time or, all at once then choice Send To->DVD-RW Drive

(although I think making a backup of the CCleaner undo registry files is a waste of your time.)

Screenshot Example (click to image for the full size view):

sendtocdburner.png

2) If it really is a Dell third-party program that Windows has no real use for you can disable it using MSCONFIG, here's how:

1. Click Start->Run->Type in: MSCONFIG

2. Click the OK button.

3. Click the Startup tab.

4. Untick/uncheck that "Dell" startup program, then click Apply, then click OK.

5. Click the button that allows MSCONFIG to restart your computer when prompted.

Note 1: MSCONFIG will automatically run on the next system startup, just click the button that tells it not to run on every system startup. Now that pesky program shouldn't be bothering you anymore.

Do note that many upon many shutdown issues can be cured with a free Microsoft program called User Profile Hive Cleanup Service.

Note 2: This is totally reversible, so if that program is actually needed run MSCONFIG again except for step #4 you'd instead tick/check that "Dell" startup program.

3) If you ever want to use CCleaner again yeah you'd just download it, then install it.

If your registry is "corrupted" you are facing an uphill and never ending battle trying to "fix" it. A corrupted registry usually details having to format and reinstall everything. In the long run it takes less time to actually format and reinstall everything versus trying to fix something that you nor any software "may or will not be able to fix" (I've personally been there and done that in my computing past). Should you decide to format and reinstall do remember those backup instructions for making a or several CD-RW to save important My Documents, purchased My Music files, My Pictures, etc.

Defragmenting your hard disk isn't going to fix registry errors or a corrupted registry.

Edit:

Forgot to mention: If you're needing anti-malware software look at rridgely's list which is available at:

http://internetrotsyourbrain.com/rridgely/malwareremoval.htm

I think you are trying to deal with to many things at once.

1. If your PC is now working ok, you dont need the reg backup's

2. If your pc is not working ok and you believe CCleaner caused a problem, then restore the reg backups in date time order starting with the last one. When this is complete reboot the PC. You can now remove CCleaner if you want to.

3. If after all this your pc is still faulty, run some on line scans to check you have no infections. If the PC is clean but still not working ok, then I suggest you carry out a Windows Repair instructions for this

http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

MikeW,

YOU now have triggered more questions in my head along w/the next horrific posts to me that Ive not addressed yet by a moderator. The thought of it!!!! I can't do it. I don't know what she is talking about !!!

I mentioned I can NEVER EVER do any type of Reformat or anything like it. NEVER!!! I cannot do a windows repair . I also do not understand enough. YOUE NEVER EVER DO THIS .NEVER MIKE unless you back up every little thimng and KNOW how to find driivers and all the stuff that goes back on.

I do not and cannot learn ever again.

This was said first thing ,first post,I'm sorry and I have this site saved that you sent me too. I use to be able to research and fix alot..... NO LONGER FOR FOR A FEW YEARS And recently terminally ill. I can't do it. I live alone. No money,You are lucky I can read or do whatr I can right now.,It's been 9 days I can comprehend "enough" normal language (Not most things like you are sending me too or the next post) ,spell somewhat and more.

I know to backup everything on a computer since before had one. I don't know how sorry!!! There's NO way for me to learn now. I got severely ill in 1999 and had WEB TV!!! 2001 I have had computers and been sick to extremes but not terminally u ntil recently. Very recent and can't do much. I have no family alive,no friends ,no nurses,NO ONE !!!!!

I have always been highly intelligent and now I can't do prsvtically anything and this is all advanced stuff NOW!!

I know how to read and learn how to backup only 2/3 things maybe? I do not understand why you sent me there.I read it ,do not understand it one bit (You want me to see about the backup) I warn everyone to never to attempt any reformat ,clean install,partial,etc...without having all things backedup on a disc or more . There are other ways to backup too.I'm not stupid but I will never ever be able to do where you sent me to.

NO my PC is not fully OK.It wot be until i ever die first or get money for a professional tech. I CANNOT do any typoe of restore.if someone comes to my home and I watch how to backup or they taslk me through it ,I can write it down and do it fine. NOT through email anymore!!!

I told you too many brain tum ors right now. 4 of them for the world to know. I don't want sympathy I want help.

I didn't want to flood with questions so i did it shorter and DAVEY really confused me about the DELL thing. I asked what YOU thought?????

Then because no one helped me with my ORIGINAL question of how to get back my Autocomplete History.NOT ONE PERSON HERE !! That's OK.... I was not mad. I went to the Internet Explorer Newsgroup to post.

4 replies all said it's YOUR registry in one spot. 2 Replies that I know of in a different question but the autocomplete said it's not CCleaner only .it's your registry. It needs cleaning.

I have KNOWN THIS for over a year.

1) YES I need the backups incase something is wrong. I needed to run CCleaner and I knew it. Yes,I have problems but it's usuable. I DO NOT WANT WHAT WAS TREMOVED FROM THE REGISTRY BACK ON MY COMPUTER UNLESS SOMETHING BAD HAPPENS> I read everything removed and those are mainly all junk ,old uninstalls,no link to anywhere,etc.... Of course I read each one but deleted all.

I do not understand ,nor have I ever heard the words line scans, I'm not naive but I ran some free scans to see if any infections. I really don't believe so but can never say for sure. Windows Repair is NEVER EVER AN OPTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You don't want all upper case letetrs. SOME of for me.because you don't like me using 3 point or colors so i can see!!!

You are talking like an advanced user and not to me anymore.

I'm sure you care less. I tried to make things short and not overdo it.it made NO difference here.......

I tried hard.

I had to go to the Internet Explorer group to inquire about all Autocomplete issues.

Now Mike you have added so many more questions and problems to my list .

Microsoft says what I knew. My registry needed to be cleaned out .

What I saw removed mostly ,I do not want back on my computer but I do not trsut at least half of what was deleted. I'm not putting it all back on.

I asked if I should ,then i had other problems and ONLY ran the registry to look ,sure enough all was there.So i deleted it all when i thought I was simply putting everything back and uninstalling Cleanert which NO i do not believe is the sole problem of my computer. Added to it of course!!

NO INSTALLS<FORMATS<WIPING CLEAN....

No Idea how to backup.

You tolkd me nothing about the DELL thing., Your thing says it's OK.

You have made me so sick and so mad .

This time you have.

NO REPAIR ,FORMAT or anything like that stuff. NO OPTION.

I want an answer knowing if I leave the backups there and uninstall the CCleaner ,do they stay there????

I thought I asked you.

I thought the answer was yes but now the more stress and hysterical I get I can't read or comprehend.

Davey sends me to remove it!!

Now the moderator out of all posts has posted something like a foreign language to me...........................

Not a clue what it means. It's NOT something i will go near.

MIKE ,are you stupid too. If I did any type of repair or any of those things I need all backups on Cds or something.

It's not ever going to happen by me.NEVER!!!

I told you and everyone not an option.

You did NOT answer any of the 3 questions.

You don't care or give a dam*.

I only have a few things in my home and no moneyt,no way to shop and if you ask if I eat. NO!!! I starve mostly because I can only force myself to get in a store every 7 weeks quickly before i cannot walk,stand move.

I despise you now.

You have me so upset . Anyone that does thst to me while i try tyo hang on living I will despise. Not hate.That's too strong and I'm not cruel. You have no idea what you and now the moderator have done to me. You ended up not caring about my problems here.

SORRY I ASK SO MANY QUESTIONS .I GO TO 2 PLACES AND THIS IS WHAT I GET. NOT A SOLE HELPED ME WITH THE AUTOCOMPLETE .A WEIRD CONFUSING REPLY FROM DAVEY.

None of you should be here helping if FREE is not good enough.

Some get paid ,most volunteers and Im told here that i don't even have the privilage of asking any questions because i don't pay.

All forums that are free do not give a dam* at all.

I can't stand microsoft just like most but they sure ONLY push your product if a cleasner is ever used. IF ever.They do not suggest it.

Then they sent me a link to read.

The compouter is 2 1/2 years old . It needed a defrag.That was done way before CCleaner. The moderator asks why noiw>?? YOUR MANUAL?? After a CCleaner removal,better defrag. That's why i said it moderator................ ONLY reason. following your manual!!!!!!!!

Am I going to get help or do I end up sounding abuseive when thst's not me or what I even mesan to sound like but i can see it.

Deal with the spelling werrors and loing messages because your way didn't help me...............

JD wanted me to shorten up things. LOOK what happened???

1) If you're using Windows XP or newer:

To copy files to a CD-RW (I don't recommend wasting a write-once CD-R disc for this process) all you need to do is right click them either one at a time or, all at once then choice Send To->DVD-RW Drive

(although I think making a backup of the CCleaner undo registry files is a waste of your time.)

Screenshot Example (click to image for the full size view):

sendtocdburner.png

2) If it really is a Dell third-party program that Windows has no real use for you can disable it using MSCONFIG, here's how:

1. Click Start->Run->Type in: MSCONFIG

2. Click the OK button.

3. Click the Startup tab.

4. Untick/uncheck that "Dell" startup program, then click Apply, then click OK.

5. Click the button that allows MSCONFIG to restart your computer when prompted.

Note 1: MSCONFIG will automatically run on the next system startup, just click the button that tells it not to run on every system startup. Now that pesky program shouldn't be bothering you anymore.

Do note that many upon many shutdown issues can be cured with a free Microsoft program called User Profile Hive Cleanup Service.

Note 2: This is totally reversible, so if that program is actually needed run MSCONFIG again except for step #4 you'd instead tick/check that "Dell" startup program.

3) If you ever want to use CCleaner again yeah you'd just download it, then install it.

If your registry is "corrupted" you are facing an uphill and never ending battle trying to "fix" it. A corrupted registry usually details having to format and reinstall everything. In the long run it takes less time to actually format and reinstall everything versus trying to fix something that you nor any software "may or will not be able to fix" (I've personally been there and done that in my computing past). Should you decide to format and reinstall do remember those backup instructions for making a or several CD-RW to save important My Documents, purchased My Music files, My Pictures, etc.

Defragmenting your hard disk isn't going to fix registry errors or a corrupted registry.

Edit:

Forgot to mention: If you're needing anti-malware software look at rridgely's list which is available at:

http://internetrotsyourbrain.com/rridgely/malwareremoval.htm

Sending me to something to install is a wrong move.

I went ,read it,have no understanding how to do it or why i should??

I can't do that and wont.

You would cause me more problems by telling me to download this hive thinbg that I can't figure out or do.

As for the dell program.I know what you are talking about.

I have had to follow instructrions because MM was not closing down and the resolution I was able to follow which was what you told me and I unchecked the boxes,the box pops up and i say don't bother me again or whatever it says.

I did that a year ago and never had that problem again although

My computer is NOT in normal startup due to that.

It can't be.

I can uncheck and put it back then i have the same problems again.

That dell thing I have no clue what it.

I do know they downloaded a new progrsm I NEED 4 weeks ago.

if it's related i need it.

I know it is.

Obvious,common sense. they said tit would run at startup,etc.... but no mention of it hanging at shutdown and it ONLY did the day i downloaded and RAN CCleaner.

ONLY.First day ever,

I already mentioned above hysterical and crying miserably.mad as hel*.

That the only reason i was doing a degrag again is your manual saying to defrsg after running CCleaner.

I defragged a month ago or so because the computer is 2 1/2 years old.i ran the anlyzer and it needed it bad.The amount i would gain back was a considersbler amount and it was filled with holes.

I;m not stupid and I know it has nothing to do with the registry .

Thanks for the anti malware selections.All yours here. All bad choices.

I would maybe use one. It's a small download. The one Mike originally suggested but i doubt it.

I am not going to be able to calm doen ,

I wiish you knew what has haoened here with me and my brain withthe stress of Miker now

I cab';t even write.

unbelieveablee

I am in selective startup due to the problemm I followed to correct it for a year now.

And what DELL??? There are 5 of them.

the instructions i got were so detailed to fix the other problem a year ago i did it in 5 mnutes.

Now you want me to cause more problems by shuttimng down dells new utility thinbgs that find erros..

I hate beingbtaracked thats what I feel like but the dell program is worth it.

I don't like it all but it helps alot!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stop all of you telling me to download every single thing in the world.

And MIKE with the widows repair,reformat and Oh bye the way don't backup before doing it.

It not an option

I came for help never expectimng such sevete issues one after anothet.

I am sorry that my attempts to help you, have left you so upset. I have nothing further to say on this matter.

I'll bet you donr.

It's a FREE forium .NO HELP right Mike

az

you dont know what has been done to m e.. by you suggestions I posted i cant do.

look at my writing wthe more upset i get???

i cant go back and fix all this now,

you toss out all kinds of problems adding more asnd you wallk out.,Typical odf a man anyway and so will ghe moderator.

if i get blocked or banned

you want someone that tried i did with as short thinbgs as i could not all at once.

this is what i get

thanks mike

You all contradict each other .i dont like microsft asnd i know some of tyou work there also,I can see the same things wriiten.

but thye nsswer and dont stop helping.

I also have never been mean .

Not that i have control either.

you all told me to download this ,do this,do this

• Moderators

Your computer problems seem to be beyond the scope of the free help given here.

At times you are becoming abusive towards people who are trying their best to help.