How do I uninstall CCleaner completely?

captaindave77

When I open Task Manager (Windows XP) and then click on "Processes" I noticed that the CCleaner program seemed to be using a large portion of my operating system(ccSvcHst.exe). I have had the program installed for over a year and it has worked well, but I noticed that my system was running slower and decided to delete some of the large files including CCleaner (temporarily). I went to my Control Panel and deleted the program from "add/remove programs". When I went back to Task Manager and opened the column for "processes", I noticed that CCleaner was still there and that it had the largest "I/O Read Bytes" by far on the entire page...over 26 Billion I/O Read Bytes.

I then downloaded CCleaner again and went to the tools menu. I selected "uninstall" there to see if this would totally remove CCleaner. It appears that the program was removed and the desktop icon was also removed, but when I go to task manager-processes I still see "ccSvcHst.exe" and it still appears to be running in the background even though I deleted the program.

Does anyone know how to remove all of CCleaner? What does the 26,000,000,000 I/O Read Bytes really mean? I am concerned about an .exe file running on my computer after the program was "deleted"

Thanks. :unsure:

Try AVG free antivirus
AVG Free is very good:

http://free.grisoft.com/doc/5390/us/frt/0?prd=aff

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

Norton is one of two infamous "bloated" system cows. Can you guess the other?

I use AVG after experiencing the other two system cows.

The one difference that I have noticed is that my system no longer limps like it has been

hit by a truck.

I have had no trouble with AVG free and it has caught a couple of nasties so I know that it is working ;)

And that's the bottom line, 'cause PapaSmurf says so!