Recovery of Emails Deleted From OE 6

ColTom2

Hi:

I am sure that Recuva used to have the capability to recover emails deleted from Outlook Express 6, but I am using the Tree View and cannot find the location of these deleted emails after running the scan.

Am I missing something or has Recuva lost the capability to recover deleted emails?

Thanks

• 3 months later...
Hi:

I am sure that Recuva used to have the capability to recover emails deleted from Outlook Express 6, but I am using the Tree View and cannot find the location of these deleted emails after running the scan.

Am I missing something or has Recuva lost the capability to recover deleted emails?

Thanks

try the following

http://www.datanumen.com/aoer/ it is also a tool to recover files.

I wouldn't think that Recuva can recover deleted emails. Outlook Express stores all you emails in *.dbx files. Each sub folder your mail is given a dbx file extension, your inbox is Inbox.dbx. Therefore if you delete an email e.g. in your inbox it only removes the file from the Inbox.dbx file. Recuva only shows files that have been deleted, the Inbox.dbx is still present.

You can setup your Outlook Express options not to delete emails from your Deleted Items when you exit OE. ;)

Keith

Windows XP 2002 SP3

IE 7.0

Martin2k

Rorshach112 is the best

• Moderators

If it's a specific email you can browse the dbx files with wordpad and perhaps find the deleted file, I've never tried this so chances of success are low.

• Moderators
If it's a specific email you can browse the dbx files with wordpad and perhaps find the deleted file, I've never tried this so chances of success are low.

Or you could try using this

http://www.snapfiles.com/get/dbxviewer.html

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 4 weeks later...

Deleted emails can be recovered provide they have not got overwritten by now with new email messages. As once the data gets overwritten its highly impossible by any data recovery software or by using any data recovery services to recover.

Try with Outlook Express Email Recovery (.dbx) advanced dbx repair software, and check if you can recover your deleted email.

Levin

Outlook Express Recovery