some more misses

i tend to speed up my pc w/ an array of programs, one of which PC Pitstop Optimize (the unregistered version gives you the registry locations and recomended values, so you can do it manually)

i noticed that CCleaner misses a few articles that pitstop finds, some of which are;

ProgID entry: HKCR\VisualStudio.Launcher.sln

tons of TypeLib entries and Interface entries

and some performance+internet tweaks could be incorporated which are shown by the prog.

--edit--

i just noticed they releaced a new version that hides their fixes, i use v1.5.12.2 if you can dig it up somewhere it helps :P

Hi silverhawk_184,

You must remember that there are Millions of CCleaner users.

CCleaner's objective is to provide the safest product for as many users as possible without intentionally putting users in a position that threatens their computer enjoyment.

The Registry cleaning portion of CCleaner is designed the same way.That is why the Registry

cleaner is considered by "ADVANCED" users as a "mild" or "gentle" registry cleaner.

Manual registry changes can be done incorrectly,at the wrong time,and not in consideration of all the software complications involved.

Regards,

:) davey A very satisfied user and glad to be a member of this forum.

ok, i understandd that.

the fact is that i was hoping that the entries could/would be built into and ran via CCleaner, not having the user do it.

i have installed pitstop into numerous computers and most of the values remain constant (other than internet tweeks), so it should be pretty safe.