clean on firefox close?

stumblebum

I've been reading through these forums the last couple of days trying to find the answer to this question. Can I set up CCleaner to clean up when firefox closes? It seems that it can be set up to clean when Windows shuts down, but I haven't seen anything addressing the option of having it clean up when I close my browser.

Have I just missed it somewhere?

Thanks.

I've been reading through these forums the last couple of days trying to find the answer to this question. Can I set up CCleaner to clean up when firefox closes? It seems that it can be set up to clean when Windows shuts down, but I haven't seen anything addressing the option of having it clean up when I close my browser.

Thanks.

You can set Firefox to clean itself on close from it's options.

No, that's not currently an option in CCleaner. If you were really keen to have CCleaner run on Firefox close you could use a simple batch file to start Firefox and Run CCleaner automatically when you exit. Something like this should work:

@echo offStart /wait firefox.exestart CCleaner.exe /AUTOEXIT

Just copy that into notepad and save it as a .bat file, eg Firefox.bat.

So... just typing that into word pad and saving it as a .bat file will make it work? Batch files are outside of my realm of understanding. Am I changing my registry when I do this? (bad experience previously with that subject...) I'll take your word for it that it will work, and I'll try it.

Please help me understand what it is I'm doing.

Thanks.

Before that I'll check into the options to have FF clean itself. I missed that somehow.

So... just typing that into word pad and saving it as a .bat file will make it work? Batch files are outside of my realm of understanding. Am I changing my registry when I do this? (bad experience previously with that subject...) I'll take your word for it that it will work, and I'll try it.

Please help me understand what it is I'm doing.

Thanks.

Before that I'll check into the options to have FF clean itself. I missed that somehow.

Copy that exactly as it is into Notepad (not Wordpad) and make sure when you save it you change the "Save as type" dropdown box to 'All Files' and in the file name box save it as whatevername.bat (change 'whatevername' to your choice of file name).

If you have saved it correctly the icon for the file will be a little window with a cog in it instead of the normal notepad icon. It doesn't do anything to the registry, it's perfectly safe. All it does is tell Windows to start Firefox, wait for Firefox to close, then run CCleaner (you won't see CCleaner open, it will run in the background. You can check it has run by waiting a minute for it to run then open it normally and analyse and see if it has cleaned internet files)

• 4 weeks later...
Firefox will do it for you go to tools options > Tick > Aways clean my privete date when I close Firefox > seting as you like Tick all if you like [ PS that how i like it ] :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Please quit unnecessarily reviving old posts with info that's already been posted (or quite often ineligible) <_<

• 3 weeks later...
Copy that exactly as it is into Notepad (not Wordpad) and make sure when you save it you change the "Save as type" dropdown box to 'All Files' and in the file name box save it as whatevername.bat (change 'whatevername' to your choice of file name).

If you have saved it correctly the icon for the file will be a little window with a cog in it instead of the normal notepad icon. It doesn't do anything to the registry, it's perfectly safe. All it does is tell Windows to start Firefox, wait for Firefox to close, then run CCleaner (you won't see CCleaner open, it will run in the background. You can check it has run by waiting a minute for it to run then open it normally and analyse and see if it has cleaned internet files)

excellent suggestion . I do both , that is clear private data on firefox and run CCleaner on close . however if you save your whatevername.bat to c:\ instead of the desktop. you can then create a shortcut on the desktop to this the batchfile which will give you the ability to change the icon to your liking and run minimized (using properties option for your shortcut)