CCleaner Issues

I see a lot of people with various issues and I am curious as to how they happen. I have used CCleaner for 3 years, have run it on both my computers (xp and vista), as well as many friends and families computers (i recommend it as one of the key "must have" pieces of software) and have NEVER had a single issue with it. Nadda, nothing.

It has always cleaned what it is supposed to, and has never messed up my systems. That includes the registry.

Having said that, I have used several other "registry" or "cleaning" products and HAVE HAD TERRIBLE problems.

If CCleaner ever becomes a paid for software product I will continue to use it (after purchase) and never switch to another product of this type. It just works too good.

I see a lot of people with various issues and I am curious as to how they happen. I have used CCleaner for 3 years, have run it on both my computers (xp and vista), as well as many friends and families computers (i recommend it as one of the key "must have" pieces of software) and have NEVER had a single issue with it. Nadda, nothing.

It has always cleaned what it is supposed to, and has never messed up my systems. That includes the registry.

Having said that, I have used several other "registry" or "cleaning" products and HAVE HAD TERRIBLE problems.

If CCleaner ever becomes a paid for software product I will continue to use it (after purchase) and never switch to another product of this type. It just works too good.

I'm curious too. That is why I joined and visit the forum. That's they way forums are. If you have a problem, you post it and hope someone will help. If I can find out how my problems happen I can avoid them in the future. I don't doubt CCleaner's value. Tech's tell you to download it, if you take your computer to them, they download it without even asking you, magazines recommend it, all the download sites suggest it and users give it nothing but praise. I've had it for three years too and have no intention of unloading it, but for three years I've had the same problem. I think it must be something in my system but I haven't a clue what.

I use freeware RegSeeker to clean out the registry then I use NTREGOPT to optimize the registry and always let the system reboot after this.

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I'm curious too. That is why I joined and visit the forum. That's they way forums are. If you have a problem, you post it and hope someone will help. If I can find out how my problems happen I can avoid them in the future. I don't doubt CCleaner's value. Tech's tell you to download it, if you take your computer to them, they download it without even asking you, magazines recommend it, all the download sites suggest it and users give it nothing but praise. I've had it for three years too and have no intention of unloading it, but for three years I've had the same problem. I think it must be something in my system but I haven't a clue what.

Just curious, but what 'problem' are you having?

In RegSeekers case it's also a, potentially, very dangerous program.

This is probably off topic, but RegSupreme (andPro) is the only paid for registry cleaner I trust. CCleaner's registry cleaner seems safe, but not as thorough.

The important thing is, make a back up.

1984 or Anyone: may I presume you have All or Most All Boxes checked when running CC? In Registry I Chk most BUT I'm chicken to check Applications, and in Cleaner module I check Nothing in Advanced section. Are you putting Checks there too? Always Backup but pain tolerance is Low. Thanks for any comments - insight.

1984 or Anyone: may I presume you have All or Most All Boxes checked when running CC? In Registry I Chk most BUT I'm chicken to check Applications, and in Cleaner module I check Nothing in Advanced section. Are you putting Checks there too? Always Backup but pain tolerance is Low. Thanks for any comments - insight.

I have all reg sections checked, all application boxes except Firefox saved form info, and everything under the cleaner except last download location, autocomplete form history, recycle bin and clipboard. In the advanced section I only tick the custom files box (and very occasionally run it once with Hotfix uninstallers and IIS log files checked)

• 2 weeks later...
I have all reg sections checked, all application boxes except Firefox saved form info, and everything under the cleaner except last download location, autocomplete form history, recycle bin and clipboard. In the advanced section I only tick the custom files box (and very occasionally run it once with Hotfix uninstallers and IIS log files checked)

ditto