Which To Buy

Badcompany

Have a look at the reviews on the small net builder website.

Personally I am totally over Consumer grade crud from the major networking guys. Bad performance (very few can handle many simultanoes wan connections for example), buggy firmware and waiting forever for new firmware just doesnt cut it.

IMHO, a far superior solution is to deploy an open source unified threat management network appliance like some cheap hardware running Untangle. Version 5.1 is about to come out of dev build status and it has great hardware support. Matched to say a smart Linksys gigabit switch its the most secure, highest performance way for home networking.

I have a Linksys router..one of the older Wireless G ones with Speedbooster. I don't have any wireless products, but I borrowed my neighbor's laptop and got all the way to my sun room, which was about 75 feet away or so. Went down to 2-3 bars out of five, and was still fast. Security is fine as well - haven't had a problem. Two computers hard wired, sharing 2 printers and a Cable connection... would definitely recommend Linksys.

AJ

I have a Linksys router..one of the older Wireless G ones with Speedbooster. I don't have any wireless products, but I borrowed my neighbor's laptop and got all the way to my sun room, which was about 75 feet away or so. Went down to 2-3 bars out of five, and was still fast. Security is fine as well - haven't had a problem. Two computers hard wired, sharing 2 printers and a Cable connection... would definitely recommend Linksys.

AJ

Me too. Very happy with my Linksys.

I bought a Linksys model WRT54GS router a couple of months ago and am pleased with it so far. Had a little trouble on the installation but the telephone support was very good and they talked me through it. The problem was most probably me, as I had never installed a wireless network before.

I bought it mainly to connect my Wii game console to the internet and it required a G type router. I plan to add to the network eventually. Even though my present printers and scanner are working fine, much to my wife's dismay, I am already checking out wireless models to eliminate the cables. :rolleyes: