empty disk space cleaner

Andre

Hi Guys, I recently downloaded Sweepi and used that instead of CCleaner , the reason was based on the fact that the software offered a option to securely wipe the empty space on the harddrive. Your software is far more superior and I have reinstalled it. By adding this function I do not need to download Eraser which I feel is overkill unless you really need to hide something.

Please consider adding this function in your next release and keep up the incredible work

Thanks

Andre

• 3 weeks later...
Hi Guys, I recently downloaded Sweepi and used that instead of CCleaner , the reason was based on the fact that the software offered a option to securely wipe the empty space on the harddrive. Your software is far more superior and I have reinstalled it. By adding this function I do not need to download Eraser which I feel is overkill unless you really need to hide something.

Please consider adding this function in your next release and keep up the incredible work

Thanks

Andre

Use glary utilities for secure wiping of free space.

Unless you stop trolling and unless you give a good answer to why not use Glary Utilites to wipe free space, then consider your ramblings ignored.

If you read round the forum a bit you'll see I'm no troll so quit with the name calling. I would steer anyone away from Glary after trying out a free version a few months back and finding it to be unreliable, untrustworthy and capable of being a real system killer. So I certainly wouldn't trust it to erase a disk.

Ignore away <_<

JD, the second I saw truthseeker's post, I was like "...ohh crap...stuff is gonna go down."

Yeah, umm...truthseeker, word of advice... People on this forum who have over 200 posts really cannot be considered to be trolls. The mods would have allowed them to troll for that long. So if you see one of us giving a two word response, we probably have knowledge and/or experience to back it up

I am not trying to be a jerk or mean, I'm just saying how it is. The mods are pretty good about spammers and trolls, but we really haven't had any.

AJ

If you read round the forum a bit you'll see I'm no troll so quit with the name calling. I would steer anyone away from Glary after trying out a free version a few months back and finding it to be unreliable, untrustworthy and capable of being a real system killer. So I certainly wouldn't trust it to erase a disk.

Ignore away <_<

if i asked 100 IT experts about glary, some may agree with you, and many disagree. your statements are based on your limited understanding.

• Moderators
your statements are based on your limited understanding.

Considering JD Power has almost 2000 posts on this forum and you are still in single figures, may I advise you against making remarks such as the one quoted.

You are welcome on this forum to join in discussions etc but not to make remarks like that.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

Do Google hits count :unsure:

Results 1 - 10 of about 9,460 for yokenny. (0.16 seconds)

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

JDPower, here is the solution to this conversation. Tell us all exactly what is wrong with Glary Utilities wipe feature. I have been using it for 6 months without any problem. So what exactly is Glary Utlities doing that you claim is so bad? I await your reply with interest.

Considering JD Power has almost 2000 posts on this forum and you are still in single figures, may I advise you against making remarks such as the one quoted.

You are welcome on this forum to join in discussions etc but not to make remarks like that.

Are you claiming just because someone posts 2000 articles on this website, that they are an infallible expert in IT without any error of understanding at all?

Are you claiming just because someone posts 2000 articles on this website, that they are an infallible expert in IT without any error of understanding at all?

I believe that hazelnut is saying that with 2000 posts, he has the experience/authority to say "no, don't use it." With his post count, my view is that he must have had a problem with it that he deemed bad enough to tell other people, "I would not recommend this product for your use." From there, people have to make up their own mind.

And it seems that you are being ignorant. In the post directed to you after you called him a troll he said:

Ignore away dry.gif

He replied to your question. You proceeded to say that if you asked 100 IT members..... which, from our view, is you being ignorant and impolite, calling his understanding "limited." If you politely asked "What did you find wrong with it?" or something on those lines, I'm sure JD would be reasonable enough to tell you what he found wrong. You then proceeded to ignore my post, and hazlenut's, which is more disrespect, and you went across a moderator. I'm surprised you aren't banned.

AJ

I believe that hazelnut is saying that with 2000 posts, he has the experience/authority to say "no, don't use it." With his post count, my view is that he must have had a problem with it that he deemed bad enough to tell other people, "I would not recommend this product for your use." From there, people have to make up their own mind.

And it seems that you are being ignorant. In the post directed to you after you called him a troll he said:

He replied to your question. You proceeded to say that if you asked 100 IT members..... which, from our view, is you being ignorant and impolite, calling his understanding "limited." If you politely asked "What did you find wrong with it?" or something on those lines, I'm sure JD would be reasonable enough to tell you what he found wrong. You then proceeded to ignore my post, and hazlenut's, which is more disrespect, and you went across a moderator. I'm surprised you aren't banned.

AJ

if a person says we shouldnt use a program, he is obligated to state exactly why, and then supply solid and reliable research data to support his claim.

if i said: dont use ms vista anymore!

yoy think people would stop using it, or would they ask me why not use it, and support that with solid data? the answer is obvious.

notice he wont say why not to use glary. and notice no data supports his statement. simple as that

In CCleaner; it says the following when I do a clean:

Marked for deletion: C:\Users\lisa\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\index.dat

Marked for deletion: C:\Users\lisa\Local Settings\History\History.IE5\index.dat

Yet I am fairly certain that these files are not wiped as I reboot.

What can I do?

• 1 month later...
I would steer anyone away from Glary after trying out a free version a few months back and finding it to be unreliable, untrustworthy and capable of being a real system killer. So I certainly wouldn't trust it to erase a disk.

Ignore away <_<

Agree totally - Glary trashed my operating system so badly I had todo a complete re-install

Agree totally - Glary trashed my operating system so badly I had todo a complete re-install
I have not had a problem with Glary Free but I will not run the duplicate .dll finder as each installed application needs its own release of the applicable .dll to work correctly and thus this could hose the system especially if you let it remove the Windows duplicate .dll files :(

"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." - Albert Einstein

IE7Pro user

I suggest you give CTskifreak the same advise.

"It is like he totally skipped my post....talk about ignorance....and class..." and

"And it seems that you are being ignorant. "

It doesn't worry me in the least, I just joined here (read my post), but I think the same rules should apply to all.

That's all. -_-