A change from Panda ?

Woody

Ok my question is this. I'm sick of Panda Platinum and want something "lighter" I'm thinking of Nod 32. 30 day trial. Which firewall should I go for with this? Zone alarm? Comodo? Any and all advice appreciated.

Woody. :)

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

go with Nod32. i've heard great things about it. if you need something free and powerful, AVG is very good. it's really light on resources too.

as for firewall, you don't really need one if you have a router. but it you must have one, i've heard great things about Outpost.

I do have a router, but I think I,d also like a software firewall. Comodo ? online Armor free ?

Woody

It is never difficult to distinguish between a Scotsman with a grievance and a ray of sunshine. P. G. Wodehouse

if you aren't afraid to go through an initial period of answering prompts etc, in exchange for better protection, go for comodo.

if you want it to just work out of the box, go for online armor. its also a powerful free firewall.

Well I've taken the plunge! I'm a relative novice and have only ever used Panda (2 yrs).

Uninstalled. Gone for Online Armor and Nod 32.

Computer is running at twice the speed. :D

Woody.