IE 7 (WinXP Home) tab help

Brenda2007

I haven't used IE in about 3 yrs. I've always used Maxthon and loved it until they upgraded and their roboform toolbar disappeared. That sucked badly so since Roboform works fine with IE7 and they have tabbed browsing which I love, I'm using it now. It's a bit of a pain but I'll get used to it.

My question is. When IE crashes (yes I know that's normal) and reopens or I reopen, is there a way to reopen the tabs that were already open when it crashed? Maxthon had this and I'm hoping IE does. I've searched and searched (plus I'm very challenged) and couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help with this if it's even an option?

Oh and sorry I've been MIA. Going through a divorce..woohoo!

Brenda

Mom of 4: Chris 17, Mikayla 11, JJ 6, and Elias 23 months

LOVES Piriform Forums more than her husband

I haven't used IE in about 3 yrs. I've always used Maxthon and loved it until they upgraded and their roboform toolbar disappeared. That sucked badly so since Roboform works fine with IE7 and they have tabbed browsing which I love, I'm using it now. It's a bit of a pain but I'll get used to it.

My question is. When IE crashes (yes I know that's normal) and reopens or I reopen, is there a way to reopen the tabs that were already open when it crashed? Maxthon had this and I'm hoping IE does. I've searched and searched (plus I'm very challenged) and couldn't find anything.

Can anyone help with this if it's even an option?

Oh and sorry I've been MIA. Going through a divorce..woohoo!

You can add IE7 Pro to IE7 and it will give you crash recovery as well as many other features such as add blocking, drag and drop, mouse gestures and some others. http://www.ie7pro.com/

I don't use the Roboform ToolBar but as far as I know it still works with Maxthon 1. It sounds like you installed Maxthon 2. You can still use Maxthon 1 there is no reason you have to use Maxthon 2 instead of Maxthon 1. I use both.

Thanks!

I have no idea why I just didn't stay with Maxthon 1. I think I'll go back to it. I hate IE but I'll DL the Pro just in case. I appreciate it :)

Brenda

OK i went back to the original maxthon but the toolbar installs in the bottom when it should be at the top. When I check the options I have it set for the toolbar to be at the top (under the addy bar). This is what happened when I installed Maxthon 2. Any suggestions?

Brenda

OK i went back to the original maxthon but the toolbar installs in the bottom when it should be at the top. When I check the options I have it set for the toolbar to be at the top (under the addy bar). This is what happened when I installed Maxthon 2. Any suggestions?

I don't use that tool bar so I am not familiar with the problem. The Maxthon forum is the best place for that info. If you can't find the answer in a search on the forum post a new topic and the guys there will help you out. http://forum.maxthon.com/