CDBurner XP

Anthony A

I don't think you able to find it though. Why don't you use ashampoo 6, it is free. Even the lastest cdburnerxp got glitches.

Where is that free from?. I went to the site and it says you have to pay. It has something there about a free school license. Is that what you are referring to?

Edit: I found it. :rolleyes:

• Moderators
Thanks I will check that out. Currently using Deepburner Free and it's pretty good.

While DeepBurner Free is still good and especially for people with Windows 9x/Me I have to say the new CDBurner SE XP is better because it creates gapless audio CD's and has file verification.

Don't forget for a good solid data only burner there's also ImgBurn.

While DeepBurner Free is still good and especially for people with Windows 9x/Me I have to say the new CDBurner SE XP is better because it creates gapless audio CD's and has file verification.

Don't forget for a good solid data only burner there's also ImgBurn.

I am trying Ashampoo Burning studio 6.5 that was recommended in this thread and it is very nice IMO. Does everything I could want and very easy to use with a very thorough and well layed out help guide. It has file verification and supposed to burn gapless audio CDs if you select "disk at Once" as a burn method although I haven't tried it yet. I use Burrrn for audio any ways as you know and it works perfect for audio.

IMG burn I am sure is a good app but to be honest I was very annoyed with that program. The program has at least a hundred if not more different settings you can adjust and NOT ONE single help file comes with the program. I refuse to guess how to use something. I went to the forum and asked if there was a help guide available and was told no there isn't and to just leave the settings at default and don't touch them. Some help that was :rolleyes: There are some tutorials on the form but they don't come close to explaining everything .

By the way the next version of IMG burn will burn audio. They have the tutorial on the forum of how to do it. http://forum.imgburn.com/index.php?showtopic=5555

Has anyone here tried Burnaware?

BurnAware Free Edition allows you to easily perform the most common disc burning tasks: write to all CD/DVD media types, including Blu-Ray; write Audio CDs and DVD-Video files; create and burn disc images; write multi-session discs and much more.

BurnAware Free Edition has a modern interface and supports Windows 98/NT/2000/XP and Vista (32 and 64 bit). The application is free and contains absolutely no adware or annoying banners.

Features

* Absolutely FREE. No spyware, no adware, no banners

* Writes to all CD/DVD media types including Blu-Ray (BD-R/BD-RE)

* Writes discs from disc images

* Writes DVDs from DVD-Video files

* Writes Audio CDs from WAV, MP3, or WMA files

* Creates disc images

* Supports all current hardware interfaces

* On-the-fly writing for all image types

* Writes Multi-Session to all supported media formats

* Auto-verification of written files

* Supports unicode for multi-byte languages

* Clean, flexible, easy to use interface

* Supports Windows 98/ME/NT/2000/XP/Vista (32 and 64 Bit)

Burnaware

Tried out the newest version of CD Burner XP. First thing I do (First thing I always do with a newly installed app) is go to the help menu. NO help again. You get taken to the CDburner web site and it is not much help. I can't even begin to understand the thought process that is involved with the developers of these programs that do not have help files. You would think showing people how to use your product would matter to these clowns :blink: I refuse to pick and poke and just fumble around trying to figure out were everything is and what all the features are and where they are. Two months later you are still discovering things the program can do. I nor anybody else should have to. Kicked to the curb with IMG Burn. Both are probably very good I have no doubt there are others that are good as well and I can know everything about what they can do in an hour or so because they provide the info that is needed.

I went with Ashampoo 6.5. Now this is how a program should be set up. Look up intuitive in the dictionary and there should be a pic of this app. If any program didn't need a help guide it's this one but it still comes with one and extremely well done too.

Has anyone here tried Burnaware?

This is a great little straight forward, intuitive and easy-to-use app with a very clean user interface. Only problem is that it doesn't allow for gapless (dao) CDs. However, I was informed by the developer that a forthcoming edition (Home Edition) would include this feature.

• Moderators
NO help again. You get taken to the CDburner web site and it is not much help. I can't even begin to understand the thought process that is involved with the developers of these programs that do not have help files.

That seems to be the norm as of late with those kind of apps. I know your frustration because some months ago I was trying to find out what an unchecked box in ImgBurn's settings were for, took me forever to find out what it was and I didn't even find the answer via their forums, had to do a Google search to find it on another burner apps website.

They should at the very least do what Exact Audio Copy has which is mouse-over help built into the app, but then again Exact Audio Copy also ships with external documentation too.

That seems to be the norm as of late with those kind of apps. I know your frustration because some months ago I was trying to find out what an unchecked box in ImgBurn's settings were for, took me forever to find out what it was and I didn't even find the answer via their forums, had to do a Google search to find it on another burner apps website.

They should at the very least do what Exact Audio Copy has which is mouse-over help built into the app, but then again Exact Audio Copy also ships with external documentation too.

I simply move on to another app if/when this happens. In this case Ashampoo 6.5 was what I moved on to. Ridiculously easy to use. Really didn't need a help menu because it's so straight forward bit it still came with one that was really well done.

:lol: That looks like a royal pain in the ass compared to Burrrn.

I installed IMG Burn and started trying to figure it out and went to the forums to look at the guides and that was one of the first ones listed. Of course I cant' find any of the features in that tutorial so I post on the forum and they inform me that the tutorial is for the next version of IMG Burn. It was set to be released that's why the tutorial was posted but then the developer of IMG Burn pulled it to do some fixes.

Doesn't get any easier than Burrrn. ;)