How do you go about buying a laptop with XP installed

whatup2008

I wondered about getting a laptop with XP Home, not Vista, can that still be done or does it have to be special ordered? Buying a seperate copy of XP Home is not an option, besides factory installed is best from what I've read. I need to get a laptop for a relative (she's older and not computer literate, Vista won't work for her) and I've not been successfull in finding places that sell laps with XP installed. I'll need to help her along with it having XP which is not a problem, but Vista might present too many. Don't know too much about it and I've read too many negative things about it. Anyone have a suggestion would be appreciated. Online stores would be great. Thanks.

just go to all the computer stores, tell them you are buying a computer and if they want your business to install xp rather then vista. you may find someone willing to do that. otherwise you may be SOL.

• Moderators

Your most likely not going to find them in stores but all the major pc makers offer xp as an option when you pick a custom pc. Its better to buy online anyway because you get the newest parts and not something thats been sitting in a store for months/years. Unless of course you find a killer deal and could just live with a slow/older machine. :D

for you to find a note with Xp is more like a small chance. look around at ebay. surely you'll find tons of them with Xp. company's now with there notebooks push for users to use Vista which is stupid. by the time SP1 comes then i may say something different but only if i toy around with it by that time. a guy i know has Vista on his Acer notebook and it's slower then hell.

Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit Edition | COOLER MASTER Centurion 590 with 4 120mm Blue LED FANS 1 Regular 120MM FAN and a Custom Window Side Panel | AMD Athlon II x4 2.6GHZ Stock| XIGMATEK HDT-S963 92mm | ASRock A780GXE/128 | G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) @800MHZ | CF 2 XFX 4850 1GB @GPU940/MEM1005 | 320GB/OS 160GB/Storage HDDs | LG CD/DVD SATA | Rosewill 600W 2 12v Rail@44 | Ccleaner, Defraggler | Malwarebytes', SUPERAnti-Spyware | Avira AntiVir Personal | Google Chrome v3/4, IE8

I know this is a little late, but I've heard that Best Buy will install XP for you. They charge for it, but I'm not sure how much. Might be worth looking into.

I'm here. What are your other two wishes?

• 2 weeks later...

Vista is no good not fix like XP no Boot CD or DVD & R or Repare just go to new 200 thing off that was on XP take a look at ' wikipedia.org ' and yes you can get XP ok till 1/2 way 2008 d*** Smith still sell. :mellow:http://www.linspire.com/lindows_news_pressreleases_archives.php?id=228

======================================================================

$199 Linux PC Now Available at Sears.com

Value-priced - after $100 mail-in rebate - Linux PC features an Intel Celeron 1.6GHz Intel Celeron processor, 1GB memory,

80GB hard drive, Freespire 2.0, free CNR software delivery service and more. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: