Text will not fit on some apps

Madmartigan

This is a frustrating problem that has been happening for some time. The text on some programs do not fit, for example:

screengo8.th.jpg

I can't grab the side and drag to make it bigger. Also as you can see the icons on my computer are average size.The start menu is fine. It is just some programs. Movie Maker does this as well. I don't really know what the problem is. I thought it might be a display issue. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks CeeCee, I did what you said and saw that my fonts were set for extra large. I changed that and it changed my start bar. I went and changed windows and buttons to something else then back to the default. I uninstalled my video driver and reinstalled it and still no change to the applications. Updated pic below

screenvb0.th.jpg

Yes, when I first noticed the problem is when I was jsut trying out one of those dumb make XP look like Vista things. It messed things up pretty badly. I had to use my recovery CD's to change things back. Restore wouldn't work. Some of my applications haven't been the same since.

What happens if you disable Themes service? Do what i said in my second message, but this time double click the 'Themes' service. Then change 'startup type' to "Disabled" and hit the STOP button. Finally hit OK to exit. After that Windows classic theme will show up. Check if the problem still occurs.

To get XP blue theme back, change startup type to Automatic and hit the Start button and ok.

Thanks everyone for your responses. CeeCee the problem still occured after disabling themes. Hazelnut, all the suggestions on that site were already checked and enabled. I thought the registry fix would work, but I still have the same problem after applying it. Smilingralph the DPI is set at 96. I really appreciate everyones help. It's not a major problem, it's just really annoying sometimes. Here is my CCleaner application example. The text goes off the side. I don't know if others does this or not.

cleanerhu6.th.jpg

Looks like the font in those programs is in bold. Right click your desktop, select properties, go to the 'Appearance' tab and click 'Advanced'. Then check there whether any of the window text sections have bold font selected.

Looks like the font in those programs is in bold. Right click your desktop, select properties, go to the 'Appearance' tab and click 'Advanced'. Then check there whether any of the window text sections have bold font selected.

I have already offered that suggestion in my first message.

I think it's a font problem. Your font, especially title bar font seems to be a rather big. Right click your desktop and select Properties, go to Appearance tab and click Advanced. You can change your font sizes there.

• Moderators

I'll throw my hat into the lot of suggestions.

To me it may look like a screen resolution setting. If you're at 800x600 try 1024x768. I know some programs won't display correctly at 800x600 as I ran into a handful of them back in my Win98 days.

I'll throw my hat into the lot of suggestions.

To me it may look like a screen resolution setting. If you're at 800x600 try 1024x768. I know some programs won't display correctly at 800x600 as I ran into a handful of them back in my Win98 days.

This is going to sound crazy but it was already at 1024x768. I changed it around anyway just to see what happened. The other resolutions were not right at all but when I changed it back to 1024x769, the Superantispyware screen was fixed. Here comes the crazy part, the other applications still aren't right though.

I made a little video in Movie Maker and as you can see when I try to save it to my computer, the text is jumbled up and I can't use any of the buttons "Back, Next, or Cancel, at the bottom.

wmmxr5.th.jpg

The Windows and Applications in CCleaner still doesn't fit.

cleanerpw3.th.jpg

Here is the screen of the corrected Superantispyware:

sasuj4.th.jpg

Thanks again EVERYONE for the wonderful help.

• Moderators

Perhaps as your problem seems to be crazy and ordinary things don't seem to work, what about having movie maker open when you repeat again the same display changes again that fixed SAS?

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• Moderators

Hmm now that SuperAntiSpyware is fixed that jogged the memory a bit:

Applications that require Internet Explorer to be installed may use it's settings such as System Restore, etc., and changing some settings in IE can make them look messed up.

I don't exactly remember off hand what setting in IE messes up other programs that rely upon it - "maybe" it's the Font setting in IE's General tab, but like I said I don't remember the exact setting.

The CCleaner screenshot to me looks like a messed up system font setting -or- perhaps you're using a theme that replaced uxtheme.dll that has made a mess of things.