Computer restarting

Bavaria

That sometimes happens when a blue screen of death occurs just before it would normally shut off.

Right-click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery>Settings, System Failure>Automatically Restart <- uncheck that.

Then try to shut off your computer and see what happens.

Do you then get a STOP error, such as 0x0000000a?

This can also happen if you have an incompatible version of roxio/adaptec/whoever's Easy CD Creator installed.

Start, Run...

REGEDIT

Surf your way to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

Remove entire keys that begin with Cdr, such as Cdrudf, Cdr4vsd, and Cdralw2k, etc. Anything that starts with 'Cdr' is part of CD Creator and should be removed. There's usually 4 or 5 of them. Uninstall that terrible program and get the latest NERO instead ;)

Click here if CCleaner Issues are re-appearing

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

DjLizard.net software support forum

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

That sometimes happens when a blue screen of death occurs just before it would normally shut off.

Right-click My Computer, Properties, Advanced, Startup and Recovery>Settings, System Failure>Automatically Restart <- uncheck that.

I have xp.I use Start-Turn-off.

I disabled the Automatically restart .This problem is not happen each time when i shut down the computer.

Thank you!

This can also happen if you have an incompatible version of roxio/adaptec/whoever's Easy CD Creator installed.

Start, Run...

REGEDIT

Surf your way to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services

Remove entire keys that begin with Cdr, such as Cdrudf, Cdr4vsd, and Cdralw2k, etc. Anything that starts with 'Cdr' is part of CD Creator and should be removed.? There's usually 4 or 5 of them.? Uninstall that terrible program and get the latest NERO instead ;)

I get that message 0x.....

Why is not happen all the time?Sometimes i shutdown the computer 15 times until

is happen!If is because of the CD software ,is not normal to crash each time when i shutdown?

I find only cdrom key!Is related?What is Udfs key?

Thx!

The CD software is buggy, and doesn't always cause the problem. You don't want to remove the CDROM key, nor UDFS, only things like CDRUDF, CDR4VSD, CDRALW2k. Perhaps you should hit Control+F and search for CDRALW2K. Also, go into your control panel and see if you can uninstall Easy CD Creator (if you have it).

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

Do you live in Bradenton, Sarasota, Tampa, or St. Petersburg, Florida? Visit Digital Doctors where I work :)

The CD software is buggy, and doesn't always cause the problem.  You don't want to remove the CDROM key, nor UDFS, only things like CDRUDF, CDR4VSD, CDRALW2k.  Perhaps you should hit Control+F and search for CDRALW2K.  Also, go into your control panel and see if you can uninstall Easy CD Creator (if you have it).

I don't have CDRALW2K or CD creator.Is possible to find a driver problem with Driver verifier manager?

Any ideas what could be?

• Moderators

What computer brand and model are you using, and what is the BIOS version?

The reason I ask is because when I updated the BIOS of my Dell all my shutdown/restart problems I'd dealt with for over a year immediately disappeared.

What computer brand and model are you using, and what is the BIOS version?

The reason I ask is because when I updated the BIOS of my Dell all my shutdown/restart problems I'd dealt with for over a year immediately disappeared.

Is updated! :(

Thank you for sugesion!

It is caused by a driver, service, or background application. It will be very hard to fix without a technician present at your computer. I'm afraid I'm going to be of less and less help as we go.

Did you ever see UDFRINST in the key above? (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services)

Do you have an external USB hub?

Do you have a USB cable modem?

Matter of fact, list ALL of the USB devices you've ever used.

Do you have a logitech mouse, or have logitech's 'mouseware' program installed?

DjLizard.net

DjLizard.net wiki

Dial-a-fix

Dial-a-fix tips

It is caused by a driver, service, or background application.  It will be very hard to fix without a technician present at your computer.  I'm afraid I'm going to be of less and less help as we go.

Did you ever see UDFRINST in the key above? (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\System\CurrentControlSet\Services)

Do you have an external USB hub?

Do you have a USB cable modem?

Matter of fact, list ALL of the USB devices you've ever used.

Do you have a logitech mouse, or have logitech's 'mouseware' program installed?

I have a logitech mouse-last driver ,and a 4 port usb drive Compaq.No udfrinst.