Cannot merge reg. backups!

Gregg OH1

When I double click or try to merge my CCleaner reg backups I get a pop up saying windows cannot find command.exe which is needed to open registration files. Running Win2000pro service pack4. I ran spybot,avg,anti rootkit,etc, nothing found. Everything else seems O.K. Uninstalled,reinstalled CCleaner, created new backup and cannot merge it either! Thanks 4 any help!

When I double click or try to merge my CCleaner reg backups I get a pop up saying windows cannot find command.exe which is needed to open registration files. Running Win2000pro service pack4. I ran spybot,avg,anti rootkit,etc, nothing found. Everything else seems O.K. Uninstalled,reinstalled CCleaner, created new backup and cannot merge it either! Thanks 4 any help!

Just a few of questions.

Are you saying that you are trying to merge the multiple backups into one backup?

or

Are you trying to merge back the backup that you just made? If so, why? Is something not working after your scan and clean up? And if something isn't working after the scan, what?

• Moderators

Make sure your backups have .reg after them.

Your .reg file association may be broken, if so the fix can be obtained from here

http://www.dougknox.com/xp/file_assoc.htm

Look for the reg file association fix.

Support contact

https://support.ccleaner.com/s/contact-form?language=en_US&form=general

or

support@ccleaner.com

• 2 weeks later...

I'm having similar problems merging my CCleaner backup registry. I downloaded CCleaner, ran the Issues fix and saved the backup as "cc_20080106_2054.reg" in My Documents. But when I try to merge the back up, I get the error message "This file does not have a program associated with it for performing this action. Create an association in the Folder Options control panel".

I went to the link to get the reg file association fix but I got the same error message when I try to open the file"xp_regfile.reg" file.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I went to the link to get the reg file association fix but I got the same error message when I try to open the file"xp_regfile.reg" file.

Are you using XP? If so try this: Click Start>Run, type in regedit and enter. This will open the registry editor where you can click File>Import to import the reg association fix.

• 5 weeks later...